Sent from my Samsung device using Tapatalk

That’s good news, it sounds like the changes will happen soon :smiley:

bugger.lugs:
Motor vehicle driving licences: HGV driver shortage - GOV.UK

I just booked my Cat C practical for 22nd Nov lmfao

mburt 80:

I start mine this week and my test is next week.

They didn’t give any indication how long it would be so I decided to just crack on with it

bugger.lugs:
gov.uk/government/speeches/ … mmediately

It will mean that drivers will not need to hold a Category C (rigid lorry) licence before applying for a Category C + E (articulated lorry) licence, removing a stage in the process for those drivers who wish to acquire a category C + E licence. This measure will be addressed through a draft affirmative statutory instrument which is laid before Parliament today (18 October 2021).

ROG:

bugger.lugs:
gov.uk/government/speeches/ … mmediately

It will mean that drivers will not need to hold a Category C (rigid lorry) licence before applying for a Category C + E (articulated lorry) licence, removing a stage in the process for those drivers who wish to acquire a category C + E licence. This measure will be addressed through a draft affirmative statutory instrument which is laid before Parliament today (18 October 2021).

It will be an interesting debate. The Government also want to remove the 28 day layover - so it will be an interesting debate.

Tried to see what time it was on, but can’t seem to see

theyworkforyou.com/calendar/

bugger.lugs:

mburt 80:

I start mine this week and my test is next week.

They didn’t give any indication how long it would be so I decided to just crack on with it

Like I say, I spoke to them this morning and they didn’t even mention it. I asked and they just said they will deal with it if it happens. Like ROG said, we shall see what happens.

I’m no expert on parliamentary procedure but if this is the correct bit then it appears they intend it to come into force on 15th November legislation.gov.uk/uksi/202 … ction/made

rb1889:
I’m no expert on parliamentary procedure but if this is the correct bit then it appears they intend it to come into force on 15th November legislation.gov.uk/uksi/202 … ction/made

That looks like it yes. Be interesting to see what gets reported on through the day. I even got BBC Parliament on lmfao.

If that changes 15th November then that’s going to impact me lol…should be interesting to see how they approach that

Nov 15 has already been mentioned for the B+E change so it makes sense to do it all on the same date

ROG:
Nov 15 has already been mentioned for the B+E change so it makes sense to do it all on the same date

Ah I thought I had seen that date before. I am taking your advice from before and trying not to predict these people at all :slight_smile:

Would mix my tests up - my practical Cat C test is scheduled for 22nd lol

mburt 80:

They are not stopping the testing of any LGV categories but allowing people to skip a step if they wish to - at least that is how I read it

ROG:

mburt 80:

They are not stopping the testing of any LGV categories but allowing people to skip a step if they wish to - at least that is how I read it

Yes. Based on what I understand, I will be able to go straight into Cat C+E and skip the Cat C rigid. So just the one test rather than 2 tests.

I’m gonna try and get on this government HGV “bootcamp” program. Apparently it opens mid November, which would be inline with the above speculative posts.

Will be interesting to see how that works, or if I have to travel on a residential or something to get it done, or whether its just through a local test/training centre.

Still non the wiser about the “3rd party” training for trailer stuff, IE, reversing and couple+uncouple.

I guess it does make you more employable if you only need to pass the “trailer” training, maybe companies will be more willing to pay that cost as opposed to funding the complete training. A bit like a company preferring a Class2 driver over a van driver since the training to Class1 is less. [or at least, it used to be]

See here : educationhub.blog.gov.uk/2021/0 … -answered/

2021 No. 1154
ROAD TRAFFIC

The Motor Vehicles (Driving Licences) (Amendment) (No. 3) Regulations 2021
Madeat 9.20 a.m. on 18th October 2021
Laid before Parliamentat 1.00 p.m. on 18th October 2021
Coming into forceat 1.00 a.m. on 15th November 2021
The Secretary of State makes the following Regulations in exercise of the powers conferred by sections 89(3)(1), (4)(2), (5)(3), and (5ZA)(4), 98(4)(5), 105(1), (2)(a)(6), (ee)(7), (f)(8) and (g), and (3), and 141(9) of the Road Traffic Act 1988(10) (“the 1988 Act”).

It’s in the public domain now. Provided, of course, it gets a clear run through parliament.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Pete S:

2021 No. 1154
ROAD TRAFFIC

The Motor Vehicles (Driving Licences) (Amendment) (No. 3) Regulations 2021
Madeat 9.20 a.m. on 18th October 2021
Laid before Parliamentat 1.00 p.m. on 18th October 2021
Coming into forceat 1.00 a.m. on 15th November 2021
The Secretary of State makes the following Regulations in exercise of the powers conferred by sections 89(3)(1), (4)(2), (5)(3), and (5ZA)(4), 98(4)(5), 105(1), (2)(a)(6), (ee)(7), (f)(8) and (g), and (3), and 141(9) of the Road Traffic Act 1988(10) (“the 1988 Act”).

It’s in the public domain now. Provided, of course, it gets a clear run through parliament.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Well in all honest Pete, I just don’t wanna hold my breath for it lol

Been let down too many times by Westminster in the past :stuck_out_tongue: