Changing trainer AND area

Evening all.
A month ago I did my class 1 training with the same crowd I did my class 2. No issues in training reversing fine, which I put down in part to years of tractor trailer on farm and the after half to the fantastic instructors.
The next part is where it gets tricky.

The day before my test I got Ill and did a test, covid. Test cancelled.
I’ve since moved not only house but 150 miles north.

I can go back down south do a few hours and do my test with out much bother.

But I wonder if it possible to do the same up here (roads are empty and seems an easier area traffic wise). Or would I need to do a few days to learn the routes etc?

Sent from my T790Y using Tapatalk

ScruffMcBuff:
Evening all.
A month ago I did my class 1 training with the same crowd I did my class 2. No issues in training reversing fine, which I put down in part to years of tractor trailer on farm and the after half to the fantastic instructors.

But I wonder if it possible to do the same up here (roads are empty and seems an easier area traffic wise). Or would I need to do a few days to learn the routes etc?

Seems to me a bit of a gamble. Roads might be quieter but it depends how well you’ve taken on board the training and how well you adapt to a new truck [emoji6].

If you’re confident of your ability to judge new junctions correctly - go for it.

I think I’d be tempted to go with your existing provider, but there is no right answer here

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Monkey241:

ScruffMcBuff:
Evening all.

Seems to me a bit of a gamble. Roads might be quieter but it depends how well you’ve taken on board the training and how well you adapt to a new truck [emoji6].

If you’re confident of your ability to judge new junctions correctly - go for it.

I think I’d be tempted to go with your existing provider, but there is no right answer here

Thanks for the swift reply.
I didn’t even consider the change of truck.

I think you’ve perfectly answered my question thank you!

ScruffMcBuff:

Monkey241:

ScruffMcBuff:
Evening all.

Thanks for the swift reply.
I didn’t even consider the change of truck.

I think you’ve perfectly answered my question thank you!

My pleasure…

Whatever you choose to do, good luck!

Book an assessment with a local training provider, they will be able to tell you if they think you are test ready. This will also give you a chance to have a refresh of driving if it’s been a while since your lessons.
Knowing the routes isn’t always a benefit. If it’s a route you’ve practiced but made mistakes on then it will make you more nervous of repeating the mistakes, and not knowing where you are going will increase your concentration levels as you will have to keep an eye out for road signs/markings etc. It will also set you up better for once you have passed your test, as it will be a while before you are familiar with the routes you will be driving when out in the real world

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Terry Cooksey:
Book an assessment with a local training provider, they will be able to tell you if they think you are test ready. This will also give you a chance to have a refresh of driving if it’s been a while since your lessons.
Knowing the routes isn’t always a benefit. If it’s a route you’ve practiced but made mistakes on then it will make you more nervous of repeating the mistakes, and not knowing where you are going will increase your concentration levels as you will have to keep an eye out for road signs/markings etc. It will also set you up better for once you have passed your test, as it will be a while before you are familiar with the routes you will be driving when out in the real world

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Thanks Terry another good bit of advise

Update for all who helped.
I decided just to travel back to Kent to do my test and passed it first try! 4 faults to do with indicating off a motorway and speed a few times.

Congratulations on the pass and all the best for the future.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Pete S:
Congratulations on the pass and all the best for the future.

Pete S [emoji38] [emoji38]

Thanks Pete much appreciated

ScruffMcBuff:
I decided just to travel back to Kent to do my test and passed it first try!

PASSING CE ARTIC.jpg
PASSING CE WD.jpg
LPLATE.jpg
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

Thanks Rog!