Its gooood...!

Hey everyone,

So after many months of studying all the theory material, I had my tests today back to back. Now the last few days have been a nightmare with my young niece being taken to hospital twice in the space of mere hours for a bad chest and then split head, the following day my uncle with cancer collapsing and his heart stopping with a de fib not helpful (thankgod hes alive) and then yesterday a funeral. Surely thats enough to make anyones mind spin right?

I flew thru the tests after being told how rare it is to see a young woman going for the lorries (early 30’s) yet look half that age I kid you not! Now as some of you may know, I lost my partner to Covid and he was a lorry driver which he loved so I was made up when the test center allowed me to wear my bracelet with his finger print on it for the duration of my tests.

I opened my results as I dordled alone back to my car and came away with the multi choice and cpc as a lovely pass, I knew i cocked up the hazard perception after accidentally clicking too much too fast in a single video. I was 5 points away from passing! So itl be round 2 next week aiming for that pass so that I can finally show my certificates to loved ones who have no idea I have even taken the tests.

My confusion lies with the CPC I passed today…I thought we only had to do a CPC every 5 years however my test certificate says its only valid for 2 years, why is this?

If you made it this far then thankyou for reading or enduring my blabbing and thanks for any advice in regard to the above :slight_smile:

I’m sorry to hear about your loss, and all the other stuff life threw at you. :frowning:

CPC theory is valid for 2 years because it requires CPC practical to be completed along with the practical driving test in this period.

All the theory sections (theory, hazard, and CPC) are valid for 2 years until you actually pass EVERYTHING to obtain the full category licence.

Good luck with the HPT re-sit!

TruckerGuy:
I’m sorry to hear about your loss, and all the other stuff life threw at you. :frowning:

CPC theory is valid for 2 years because it requires CPC practical to be completed along with the practical driving test in this period.

All the theory sections (theory, hazard, and CPC) are valid for 2 years until you actually pass EVERYTHING to obtain the full category licence.

Good luck with the HPT re-sit!

Thankyou TruckerGuy! Its not been the best of times but my little niece is on the mend and my dear uncle is alive so thats the most important thing. I did think that would be the case with the CPC…hopefully I can be squeezed into the practical asap as I have major surgery booked very soon :laughing: what does the remainder of the CPC consist of? Just cant wait to get behind the wheel now! :grimacing:

After passing mod 2 cpc theory you will need to pass practical mod 4 which is often done during your on road training course

There are some mod 4 videos contained within the link in my signature below

Your pass is valid for two years as it is based on the assumption you’re going to complete all the requirements of the testing process (modules 1 to 4) within that period. When you have your Inital CPC is valid for five years, if you don’t complete everything within two years you’re back to scratch.
After your first five years you’ll be doing periodic DCPC which is not pass or fail

ROG:
After passing mod 2 cpc theory you will need to pass practical mod 4 which is often done during your on road training course

There are some mod 4 videos contained within the link in my signature below

Thanks ROG I will have a read through and see what it consists of :slight_smile:

Zac_A:
Your pass is valid for two years as it is based on the assumption you’re going to complete all the requirements of the testing process (modules 1 to 4) within that period. When you have your Inital CPC is valid for five years, if you don’t complete everything within two years you’re back to scratch.
After your first five years you’ll be doing periodic DCPC which is not pass or fail

Am hoping I will be able to get booked in to do the practical before this year ends, once you do the 35hrs training every 5 years is it more or less about getting signed off to confirm the training has been completed?

Essentially, yes. But when that time comes, look for a DCPC trainer who tries a bit harder to give you a good day in the classroom, rather than the second-rate droning-on types who are just ticking boxes.

Zac_A:
Essentially, yes. But when that time comes, look for a DCPC trainer who tries a bit harder to give you a good day in the classroom, rather than the second-rate droning-on types who are just ticking boxes.

Ideally I would of kiked to of stated with my current school in that respect but they are a fair distance from me so when that time comes I will get some more recommendations of places here. I want to be the best I can be so the training will play a huge part in that.

Well done Lou, a great start

jonathan_dyane:
Well done Lou, a great start

Thankyou very much :smiley:

Hi Lou. It sounds like you have had quite a lot to deal with. I doth my cap to your strength and perseverance. You can break the 35 hours of periodic CPC training down into 5 X 7 hours.
I recently did 5 days of CPC training in one week and it’s a hard slog all in one go. The better employers will pay for your training.
I passed my theory test last week and have my hazard perception this week too.
Good luck to you, I will have my fingers crossed for you

1van:
Hi Lou. It sounds like you have had quite a lot to deal with. I doth my cap to your strength and perseverance. You can break the 35 hours of periodic CPC training down into 5 X 7 hours.
I recently did 5 days of CPC training in one week and it’s a hard slog all in one go. The better employers will pay for your training.
I passed my theory test last week and have my hazard perception this week too.
Good luck to you, I will have my fingers crossed for you

Ah thankyou! Hasnt been easy (putting it lightly) but I would like to at least try and make something of myself despite everything. I think I would like to break it down into the 5 X 7 hours as you mentioned, I have no job in the pipeline as of yet and am covering all the training/tests myself in the hope of being ready to go. I have passed the multi choice and CPC last week, have the hazard perception in a couple of days which should be fine (I cocked up the last one and knew it).

What part of the 35hrs training will I be doing? I thought after passing the case studies CPC thingy that the rest would be practical based rather than in the PC test centre if you know what I mean :laughing:

Well done on passing your theory!! Its a good feeling isnt it? Good luck for your hazard perception…you will be fine! Will have fingers crossed for you and look forward to the update when your ready.

Ah thankyou! Hasnt been easy (putting it lightly) but I would like to at least try and make something of myself despite everything. I think I would like to break it down into the 5 X 7 hours as you mentioned, I have no job in the pipeline as of yet and am covering all the training/tests myself in the hope of being ready to go. I have passed the multi choice and CPC last week, have the hazard perception in a couple of days which should be fine (I cocked up the last one and knew it).

What part of the 35hrs training will I be doing? I thought after passing the case studies CPC thingy that the rest would be practical based rather than in the PC test centre if you know what I mean :laughing:

Well done on passing your theory!! Its a good feeling isnt it? Good luck for your hazard perception…you will be fine! Will have fingers crossed for you and look forward to the update when your ready.

Sorry I think I might have confused you. You are right at the moment you only need to do the CPC practical (mod 4) to gain your 5 years CPC qualification. Once you have started working then you can do the periodic training.
It’s because I passed my test back in the mists of time so I have 7.5t entitlement that I could do the 35 hours. In the future I will do 7 hours a year rather 35 hours all in one week every 5 years. I hope this clarifies things for you.
Hopefully you will keep us updated on how you get on.
I’m looking forward to Thursday and passing my hazard perception. Being able to go straight to CE should save us a bit of money.

Lou88:
What part of the 35hrs training will I be doing?

Depends what your chosen training provider can offer you or what they have on their calendar for the times you have chosen

Each provider usually has a certain numer of different 7 hour courses available which they can use

Would be unusual for them to do the same 7 hour course for 5 days in a row :unamused:

1van:

Sorry I think I might have confused you. You are right at the moment you only need to do the CPC practical (mod 4) to gain your 5 years CPC qualification. Once you have started working then you can do the periodic training.
It’s because I passed my test back in the mists of time so I have 7.5t entitlement that I could do the 35 hours. In the future I will do 7 hours a year rather 35 hours all in one week every 5 years. I hope this clarifies things for you.

Hopefully you will keep us updated on how you get on.
I’m looking forward to Thursday and passing my hazard perception. Being able to go straight to CE should save us a bit of money.

Yep am def confused :confused: lol I am yet to complete practical training and tests, have got the hazard perception tomorrow afternoon and then im guessing its on to the practical side? Your reply kind of clarified it :laughing:

ROG:

Lou88:

Depends what your chosen training provider can offer you or what they have on their calendar for the times you have chosen

Each provider usually has a certain numer of different 7 hour courses available which they can use

Would be unusual for them to do the same 7 hour course for 5 days in a row :unamused:

Really confused :confused: Iv passed the multi choice and the CPC, im doing the hazard perception tomorrow. Will i then be going for the practical side of it? And doing the 35 hours at the 5yr mark?

Lou88:

ROG:

Lou88:

Really confused :confused: Iv passed the multi choice and the CPC, im doing the hazard perception tomorrow. Will i then be going for the practical side of it? And doing the 35 hours at the 5yr mark?

Once you’ve passed the theory parts (driving, HPT, and CPC), then you book the practical with a training school. This is where you will do the practical part of the CPC.

TruckerGuy:

Lou88:

ROG:

Lou88:

Once you’ve passed the theory parts (driving, HPT, and CPC), then you book the practical with a training school. This is where you will do the practical part of the CPC.

Got ya now…havent known the driving to be part of theory, I naturally classed it as the “practical lessons” like the car stuff. Have just come to realise that I missed my hazard perception…would have been arriving a day late so looks like im rebooking and losing the cash too :blush: so annoying with no current tests available!