Paid medical

Hi all

I’m finding it impossible to get an appointment with my doctor to fill in my medical for provisional so going to pay from a training provider. I’ve been quoted £50 & £75 by two companies local to me in the north east. Is this the going rate or can anyone recommend somewhere that does medicals in the north east preferably Sunderland/Newcastle area?

Many Thanks

NEVER pay more than £60 for a D4 medical = ripped off if you do

Thanks. The £75 did seem very excessive. The £50 is for a weekend appointment which I guess is more like it. Just waiting for them getting back to me on availability but If anyone can suggest anywhere else in the meantime would be much appreciated

Thanks

ST1980:
Thanks. The £75 did seem very excessive. The £50 is for a weekend appointment which I guess is more like it. Just waiting for them getting back to me on availability but If anyone can suggest anywhere else in the meantime would be much appreciated

Thanks

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 13&t=19955

I used D4Drivers. No problems. £50 (I got a discount code with a theory website).

I used motormedicals.com £47 quid and booked next day !!

Thanks. I’ll take a look at D4Drivers. Looks like they use a hotel in Sunderland. I’ll see what dates they have available. Alternatively I can get a Saturday appointment on 6th Nov through NEDS.

Thanks again

longD:
I used motormedicals.com £47 quid and booked next day !!

Thank you will take a look

ST1980:
Hi all

I’m finding it impossible to get an appointment with my doctor to fill in my medical for provisional so going to pay from a training provider. I’ve been quoted £50 & £75 by two companies local to me in the north east. Is this the going rate or can anyone recommend somewhere that does medicals in the north east preferably Sunderland/Newcastle area?

Many Thanks

Your GP won’t do it for free either… And it’ll cost you an arm and a leg

Sent from my Samsung device using Tapatalk

So I’ve gone ahead and booked medical with NEDS for 6th November as I can only do a weekend appointment. Cost was £50. I checked out D4Drivers but dates for my closest location was December. Thanks for the suggestions.

One other thing. I wear lenses/glasses. I haven’t had a recent eye test for a few years as I buy my lenses online. I understand I’ll have to do the eye test both with and without my glasses or lenses at the medical. The info in my confirmation email asks to bring an optical prescription but I don’t have anything (on paper) to show. Will this be a problem as they’ll be testing my eyesight anyway? Or will I have to take an eye test elsewhere and ask for an updated prescription just to provide it at the medical?

Thanks again

ST1980:
So I’ve gone ahead and booked medical with NEDS for 6th November as I can only do a weekend appointment. Cost was £50. I checked out D4Drivers but dates for my closest location was December. Thanks for the suggestions.

One other thing. I wear lenses/glasses. I haven’t had a recent eye test for a few years as I buy my lenses online. I understand I’ll have to do the eye test both with and without my glasses or lenses at the medical. The info in my confirmation email asks to bring an optical prescription but I don’t have anything (on paper) to show. Will this be a problem as they’ll be testing my eyesight anyway? Or will I have to take an eye test elsewhere and ask for an updated prescription just to provide it at the medical?

Thanks again

I passed my eye test without my glasses (I didn’t want them to be compulsory and have one eye better than the other.
That’s all I had to do, no prescription required. You just have to pass it, an d it is really easy (your second eye only has to read the top letter I think)

ST1980:

Thanks again

When I did my renewal a couple of years ago with a D4 medicals doctor in a hotel, the doctor barely looked at me. Asked me height / weight didn’t do an eye test, did the blood pressure and that’s about it. Fat lazy form filler, ironically although it took the ■■■■ they didn’t take a sample either.

I wear glasses, have the 01 card on my licence but wasn’t asked for a prescription.