How much to train/test for class1?

Terry Cooksey:

mburt 80:

dieseldave:
Bump

I am doing my ADR in December (13th onwards) after completing my theory yesterday, and will be doing my Cat C middle to end of November (will find out exactly when tomorrow). Do you have any advice for the ADR? Never had any experience with chemicals and the likes, but I was an Engineer in the Royal Navy, so I am hoping that will help somewhat lol

ADR is fairly straightforward, and the exams should be easily passable as long as you can get your head around the sometimes confusing use of language that they like to use.
Before going for your ADR though, have a look at jobs in your local area to see if there is much demand for it, and if those companies will take on new passes. Most companies like you to have a bit of experience under your belt before letting you loose with dangerous goods, and this is especially so on tankers.
No point doing your ADR then just having it sat there unused for a few years while you get experience driving if you can’t use it, wait until you’ve got the experience then you can do your ADR and get the full value for money from it

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

That was the original idea, but as I am unemployed and ex forces I am getting it paid for - that wouldn’t be the case in 2 years time. Most are asking for 2 years driving experience, which I am happy to get first. I would like to try a few different types of driving first, including tramping - just for my own experience more than anything.

I can’t do foreign stuff until March anyway as I can’t travel till after Feb 22 (legal reasons).