Tom Tom 6200 or 6250

Can anyone recommend what sat nav is the better please.
Tom Tom 6200 or 6250.
Thanks

I don’t use TomTom as I’m not convinced by their routing algorithm.

I use CoPilot in my car and it is great (though it used to be even better before they changed things in version 9). It re-routes silently and I’ve yet to see it tell me to u-turn anywhere.

There is a truck version, but it’s £80/year subscription, and requires a smart phone or tablet.

Note: I’m NOT involved with the company at all. I’m just a happy customer.

I bought the 6250, it was the lifetime traffic updates that swung it for me. It’s not perfect, no sat nav is, and it lacks some functions that earlier models had which I found very valuable, but as the owner of an older TT model I got it at a discount (£300) so I’m more than happy with it.

Another to consider is the garmin dezl LGV 700 … I bought one a few months back and it’s been spot on, live traffic updates and re routing have been particularly good / helpful… also comes in bigger screen versions if you wish.

Don’t think theres a lot of practical difference. Cant remember exactly what the upgrade gave you off hand. If one is significantly cheaper then go for that I would say. Mine is a 6250 as that’s what was current at the time.

6200 series is much quicker than the 6000 from what I’ve seen so would avoid any of the really older ones you find on Ebay.

trevHCS:
Don’t think theres a lot of practical difference. Cant remember exactly what the upgrade gave you off hand. If one is significantly cheaper then go for that I would say. Mine is a 6250 as that’s what was current at the time.

6200 series is much quicker than the 6000 from what I’ve seen so would avoid any of the really older ones you find on Ebay.

The only difference I can see is the 6200 has only 1 year on traffic and updates where as the 6250 is lifetime.

I have the 6250 and it does pretty well for me, although doesn’t always pick the quickest route for some reason? The only other I’ve tried was a Snooper and I’d never have another one of them.

Henrys cat:

trevHCS:

The only difference I can see is the 6200 has only 1 year on traffic and updates where as the 6250 is lifetime.

I have the 6250 and it does pretty well for me, although doesn’t always pick the quickest route for some reason? The only other I’ve tried was a Snooper and I’d never have another one of them.

Another vote for the 6250 :smiley: had no problems with it , works well and had no problems with bridge heights

I’ve seen a few recommendations online for the Tomtom Go Expert 7 but I don’t have any personal experience of using truck satnavs.

to get ‘tom tom traffic’ do you need a smart phone to activate it on these hgv sat navs?

carryfast-yeti:
to get ‘tom tom traffic’ do you need a smart phone to activate it on these hgv sat navs?

Nope , just email address and tom tom account which is free

Theres a new one just came out. Alot faster then the 6250. Expert i think it’s called

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue estate:

carryfast-yeti:

Nope , just email address and tom tom account which is free

cheers mate :slight_smile: