Agency lies beware

Word of advice, I’m old enough to know better. Registered with an agency so I could earn the quoted £16.50 per hr. That was the rate advertised for this job. Only now I discover it isn’t. A payment agency rear their ugly heads, never been mentioned and take their 30% cut. WTF. So complete lies it’s not £16.50 it is that less 30%. Absolute robbing, lying deceitful [zb]s. WATCH OUT FOR IT. Driver shortage, higher wages, utter [zb]s.

Cool story bro.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Shock horror an agency that tells some untruths !!

Probably worth providing more details so others won’t be hoodwinked by these sharks, OK you won’t get the pay you earned but you can hurt them, you are only telling the truth so they can’t complain.

bald bloke:
Shock horror an agency that tells some untruths !!

I am well aware of agency lies, one reason for keeping well clear but surely advertising rates which are inherently false is almost criminal.
I posted this as a warning to ‘new’ drivers who may expect honesty. Naming the agency could be a hinderance leading to belief that they aren’t all at it. Ask the questions is all I’m suggesting, then you can be a smartarse. My real advice would be, don’t touch this industry with a barge pole, it’s full of knobs

Is it not illegal to mislead on salary?

i.e. if you make less than the stated figure (by 30% in your case) because a previously undisclosed 3rd party is taking a cut, could you not take legal action?

It’s akin to only getting half a contract, and only receiving the full contract after signing.

I’d go see a lawyer about getting that other 30%.

So the rate advertised for the driver is actually the agency rate?

An agency is acting as your employer so it is illegal for a employment agency to charge you. I assume you are using an umbrella company that’s why you are paying them a set % or fee to process your payroll.

Umbrella companies are a scam and you should keep away from them.
You will also notice after a while your employer details on your payslip keeps changing.

Hope this helps

JeffA:
So the rate advertised for the driver is actually the agency rate?

Exactly that, and they are continuing to advertise as such. I don’t intend to be doing this for long so can put it down to experience mainly. I do however feel for anybody long term. I would advise to get a proper job.
Many will have seen on this forum that there may be an end on the horizon for these umbrella companies or at least the ones with the ‘dubious’ policies. Hope so but I’m not holding my breath: Legalised robbery seems to be ok by ‘not just this government’ Hope for further developments.
Try and watch out for this type of thing and if unsure, ASK. I didn’t ha coz I’d never heard of this crap before, maybe I am too honest (unbelievably)

Umbrellas are run by Accountancy firms, nothing is free in life and they do charge. I set up my own Ltd company to avoid using them before, but due to IR35 in the occupation I had, I got out of that ASAP before the HMRC got their way.

Caerleon:
Umbrellas are run by Accountancy firms, nothing is free in life and they do charge. I set up my own Ltd company to avoid using them before, but due to IR35 in the occupation I had, I got out of that ASAP before the HMRC got their way.

So did I 5 years ago.

Ken.

as far as I know its illegal for an agency to take away money as thats not how they operate there are actual laws in statute which prevent them from taking any money from your wage I believe.