Could nov 15 be the date for lgv changes?

The Motor Vehicles (Driving Licences) (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations 2021
legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2021/9780348227581
That is just for BE so I wonder if LGV will be the same :question:

Not at all likely. The BE regs were laid before parliament mid September. Then they sit for 28 days before debate and, hopefully, ministerial sign off. The regs for the direct to CE and the reverse sign off will be laid before parliament mid October. Then the normal process is as above. So dont expect much this side of Christmas.

Having said that, shortcuts are available but rarely used.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

The DVLA and the government are saying the new HGV test rules will start in the autumn.

Now the test changes have been announced I suspect they will rush them through asap.

gov.uk/guidance/changes-to- … utumn-2021

Should i hold off on booking my training? Iv just booked all theory tests for a few weeks time and hope to proceed to the practical stuff directly after (if i pass) :slight_smile:

Lou88:
Should i hold off on booking my training? Iv just booked all theory tests for a few weeks time and hope to proceed to the practical stuff directly after (if i pass) :slight_smile:

At present there is no time date given but the Govt did say sometime in Autumn
Autumn officially ends on 20 december

Should i hold off on booking my training? Iv just booked all theory tests for a few weeks time and hope to proceed to the practical stuff directly after (if i pass)

You’re probably in a decent position as most good trainers are currently booked a couple of months in advance. So, by the time you’ve passed your theories, any changes may have a firm date attached. This means you can arrange your training with confidence.

Good luck with the theories, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:

Lou88:

At present there is no time date given but the Govt did say sometime in Autumn
Autumn officially ends on 20 december

Excellent news thankyou! :smiley:

Pete S:

Should i hold off on booking my training? Iv just booked all theory tests for a few weeks time and hope to proceed to the practical stuff directly after (if i pass)

You’re probably in a decent position as most good trainers are currently booked a couple of months in advance. So, by the time you’ve passed your theories, any changes may have a firm date attached. This means you can arrange your training with confidence.

Good luck with the theories, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Brilliant thankyou, praying with everything crossed that i fly thru them…was so lucky to of booked them one after the other at the same centre too. Is there quite a long wait list for the practical training aswell?