How brave should I be?

Zac_A:

Juddian:
Don’t quit if you have a decent job, 2 months notice it must be a serious job, are you sure you want to pack it in to go lorrying?

My previous job wanted two months notice, the only serious thing about it was the state of the pay, general working conditions and exploitative & corrupt management.
“You’ve been here eight years, we get eight weeks notice, and you still have to attend the disciplinary hearing where we might decide to sack you”
I politely declined their offer, submitting a written statement to their disciplinary hearing, listing a variety of the laws I’d witnessed being broken :laughing:

How did that work for you? I’ve no problem doing the notice as I’ve actually got a decent relationship with my direct line manager but I don’t want to stay any longer than I “have” to do.
My initial plan was to wait until my provisional is back and then hand it in. I’ve paid for a full Class 2 + CPC package with a local company and they said it shouldn’t take any longer than 6 weeks from that point to get all theory, practical lessons and test booked/completed