Pass certificate and online proof OK

Having just spoken to a few local medium sized haulage companies it seems the pass certificates backed up by online proof (if necessary) are becoming acceptable whilst the DVLA take their sweet time in returning the physical licences of the newly qualified

Those I spoke to will accept driving test pass and mod 4 pass certificates and were well aware of the DVLA delays

ROG:
Having just spoken to a few local medium sized haulage companies it seems the pass certificates backed up by online proof (if necessary) are becoming acceptable whilst the DVLA take their sweet time in returning the physical licences of the newly qualified

Those I spoke to will accept driving test pass and mod 4 pass certificates and were well aware of the DVLA delays

Very cool! Good to see they’re being pro-active even if DVLA are not.

Not my experience I’m afraid. Mod 4 passed 2 weeks ago. Still not showing up on licence check and obviously no DQC yet. Few companies I’ve tried have said no - won’t accept pass cert. can you name any of the companies who are more amenable?

Once the proof shows online you can usually expect your card within a day or two, as the printing is automated and instant once their systems update to register the pass.

Unfortunately DVSA still require the assessors Mod4 paperwork to be sent to them, where someone will then manually open the envelope and put the results papers through a scanner. As you can imagine, this isn’t very efficient.

DVSA examiners now complete the tests on a tablet which fires the results immediately to DVLA, triggering the card almost instantly. However, as most Mod4 tests are completed by delegated ‘in-house’ assessors then the method is as above as they haven’t trusted us with tablets yet! Hopefully this will change in time to come.