PSTT

Hi Guys,

I’m currently at the stage of waiting for my provisional. I sent off my D2/D4 and license last week so just a waiting game at the moment. I’m looking in to which training school I should use and it’s basically looking like it’s going to be PSTT as they seems the most reliable from what I’ve read on here. They’re 79 mile away which isn’t too bad, will be worth travelling seeing their feedback.

I’ve a few questions for anyone that used / works for PSTT.

I can only drive automatic due to having limited movement capability in my ankles(Tendon is tight on both). I.e. I can’t pivot my heel in my car as the brake pedal is too high up. (Accelerator is fine tho, can put heel on floor with it). So my question is, do you think this would be a serious issue as I can drive my auto car just fine. Just means I use my whole leg for the break pedal. Are the pedals significantly differently positioned on a lorry than a car?

Also, as I want to use PSTT, what would be the best route to take step by step if possible(Bearing in mind they’re 80 mile away). Right now I’ve only sent off my d2/d4 and license. When these come back I’ll book my theory straight away as I’m passing every mock i do. What do I do after I’ve passed theory/hazard percep? [Not sure if i’ve missed any questions but will put in replies if I remember…]

Typically at PSTT, how many days is the training start to finish? I currently work so would need to book off as holiday.

Appreciate any help :smiley:

Are you looking to go for C now or to wait for the new rules and go direct for CE :question:

PSTT has free accommodation in your case as you are over 70 miles away

For their current C course you can do sat + sun with test on Mon :bulb:

There is more foot/leg room in lorry so I cannot see it being harder than a car for your issue

As ROG said, cant really see a problem with pedal position.

I have been consulting, most of the day, on a great new course to deal with the changes. But, until it’s finally sorted, I’m saying nothing! Maybe tomorrow I’ll be able to explain.

79 miles entitles you to free accommodation and, of course, as a Trucknet user you get 10% discount. What’s not to like??

Watch this space, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Pete S:
79 miles entitles you to free accommodation and, of course, as a Trucknet user you get 10% discount. What’s not to like??

And as I’m sitting typing this from the bed of said free accommodation, I can vouch that it’s alright!

Just finished day 2 of my PSTT training and so far so good. I’ll reserve full judgment until I’ve passed though haha!

Pete S:
As ROG said, cant really see a problem with pedal position.

I have been consulting, most of the day, on a great new course to deal with the changes. But, until it’s finally sorted, I’m saying nothing! Maybe tomorrow I’ll be able to explain.

Watch this space, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Awesome, thanks guys! You’ve sold me!

Sat/Sun two full days training, test Monday, so one day off work is the way I would go.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

I went with PSTT for both C and CE and passed both first time the whole experience from the initial visit to booking , training and passing was flawless and very professional absolutely great team there 100% recommended.

Andy1969:
I went with PSTT for both C and CE and passed both first time the whole experience from the initial visit to booking , training and passing was flawless and very professional absolutely great team there 100% recommended.

That’s great :sunglasses: . Just wondering, when would it be best to start the actual driving lessons? Do I pass my theory/hazard percep and module 1 then book it?

Im going with PSTT aswell, currently doing the online theory training with the in class day booked in a couple of weeks.
Can I ask what sort of time frame we are looking at until we know how to go direct to C+E? I would like to do it this way and am close to booking my theory tests so would ideally like to get practical training sorted aswell before it starts to get booked up :slight_smile:
Will any of my training have to change if I go direct to C+E instead of class 2 then class 1? (Im also travelling fom a distance) I hope my query makes sense! And apologies for hijacking the thread

ROG:
Are you looking to go for C now or to wait for the new rules and go direct for CE :question:

PSTT has free accommodation in your case as you are over 70 miles away

For their current C course you can do sat + sun with test on Mon :bulb:

There is more foot/leg room in lorry so I cannot see it being harder than a car for your issue

Do you know when the new rules will be coming in to action by any chance? Is it worth me waiting or getting on with my class 2? I am aiming for class 1 nevertheless. Many thanks

No-one knows when the rules will change. I would hope this will be announced very soon but, up to yet, no info.

If you already have CAT C booked, I would carry on with it. If the rules change before the end of your course, cancel the test and move onto CE asap. Most schools wont be able to deal with a quick change straight away as all the diaries are a bit full! But work with your trainer and you should be fine.

Take care, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Pete S:
No-one knows when the rules will change. I would hope this will be announced very soon but, up to yet, no info.

If you already have CAT C booked, I would carry on with it. If the rules change before the end of your course, cancel the test and move onto CE asap. Most schools wont be able to deal with a quick change straight away as all the diaries are a bit full! But work with your trainer and you should be fine.

Thanks Pete, for now I only have the training day booked in & will be arranging my own theory tests so will see how it maps out once iv passed them :smiley:

Pete S:

If I use PSTT, what’s the best route to take :question: Is it best to pass the theory/hazard perception before I start learning on the road? I’m not too sure what I’m meant to pass and such before I actually get learning on the road.

Appreciate any help :slight_smile:

You have to pass both theory/hazard perception to go on road.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Cwoody:

Pete S:

If I use PSTT, what’s the best route to take :question: Is it best to pass the theory/hazard perception before I start learning on the road? I’m not too sure what I’m meant to pass and such before I actually get learning on the road.

Appreciate any help :slight_smile:

The online training that PSTT provide is really good with loads of helpful stuff (took me a couple of days to realise how much was actually on there!) The mock tests are great and it lets you know your strengths and weaknesses on the whole so you can focus more on the bits you need to :slight_smile: go for it and good luck!

Dont want to be picky but that’s not quite right. A provisional licence is all you need to go on the road. However, you cant take a test without having first passed the theory tests. So, in effect, you probably wont go on the road until you’ve passed theory tests.

Hope this helps,

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Pete S:

Dont want to be picky but that’s not quite right. A provisional licence is all you need to go on the road. However, you cant take a test without having first passed the theory tests. So, in effect, you probably wont go on the road until you’ve passed theory tests.

Hope this helps,

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

That’s great help cheers! Last thing… if I only need theory and hazard perception to be able to pass test. When do I do the cpc modules?

When do I do the cpc modules?

ASAP. Once you’ve got your provisional you can go online and apply for multiple choice, hazard perception and Mod 2 (case studies). Pass all those and you’re ready to go. To complete the driver cpc you’ll do Mod 4 training and test the same week as your practical driver training.

Hope this helps, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Pete S:
go online and apply for multiple choice, hazard perception and Mod 2 (case studies).

You can book all those 3 theory tests for the same day - mods 1a + 1b + 2
Often they are spread out during the booked day but usually you get asked if you would like to do the next one after completing a test

I have asked this question before.

I passed my HGV3 and HGV1 about 1979/1980. I havent needed it since 2009 when old health issues caught up with me, so hypothetically what are my next steps if I could find a dodgy quack?

DCPC
Medical
Digital Tacho Card

I presume by sending a D4 medical form to DVLA it would reinstate my licence to C+E

I am not particularly bothered about going back driving but might do my PSV for a bit of fun.