Agency Work

Just passed my Cat C. I can’t commit to a full-time job until the new year. So hoping to do some agency work until then. But I don’t actually know how to find a decent agency. I live in Newbury if anyone has recommendations on where to start looking.

MrCabbage:
Just passed my Cat C. I can’t commit to a full-time job until the new year. So hoping to do some agency work until then. But I don’t actually know how to find a decent agency. I live in Newbury if anyone has recommendations on where to start looking.

Do you already have a full time job :question:
If yes what days do you work :question:

MrCabbage:
Just passed my Cat C

PASSING C.jpg
LPLATE.jpg
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

My current job is working behind a desk from 10am to 8:45pm, 4 days per week (Wednesday to Saturday, if it matters). I already have my Category C1 license, my tachograph card and a DQC.

I have my Class 2 training and test booked for next month and I’ve started applying for Class 2 jobs, whilst making it clear I do not hold the license yet.

My question is, would I be able to do some 7.5 tonne work around my current full-time role in the meantime, and if so, how often could this be done?

OP, sorry to hijack your post but it’s a kinda similar answer I’m looking for so hope you don’t mind.

ROG:

MrCabbage:

I do some adhoc volunteer work currently. 5-10 hours per week

MrCabbage:

ROG:

MrCabbage:

That does not count so you will be free to use all the legally available hours for LGV driving

bugger.lugs:
My current job is working behind a desk from 10am to 8:45pm, 4 days per week (Wednesday to Saturday, if it matters). I already have my Category C1 license, my tachograph card and a DQC.

I have my Class 2 training and test booked for next month and I’ve started applying for Class 2 jobs, whilst making it clear I do not hold the license yet.

My question is, would I be able to do some 7.5 tonne work around my current full-time role in the meantime, and if so, how often could this be done?

OP, sorry to hijack your post but it’s a kinda similar answer I’m looking for so hope you don’t mind.

In your case you could do 2 days one week and 1 the next week on rotation as long as on the 1 day week you leave yourself 2 days off together for a full regular weekly rest period

ROG:
In your case you could do 2 days one week and 1 the next week on rotation as long as on the 1 day week you leave yourself 2 days off together for a full regular weekly rest period

Thanks ROG. Would I need to do lots of manual entries for my non-driving role or would having a diary suffice?

bugger.lugs:

ROG:

Thanks ROG. Would I need to do lots of manual entries for my non-driving role or would having a diary suffice?

Diary OK :smiley:

Hi guys, I am thinking of something similar so hope you don’t mind if I hijack as well.

I work 8am-4:30pm Monday to Thursday and 8am-3:30pm on Friday. I understand I can currently only work 1 weekend day per fortnight.

I have recently just passed Class 2 and have my Class 1 booked for January but wondered if there were any opportunities for a bit of Class 2 experience on weekends and the best way of getting that.

I have been driving vans for a local brewery every Sunday to save for the training, and they also run rigids. So one option is to try to get the odd weekend day in one of their lorries as and when the work is there.

My question is, would it even be worth contacting an agency for this type of work, or would they not be interested as I’m only going to be available for 1 day per fortnight?

I would say that at the moment in the current shortage any agency is going to be glad to get a LGV even if it for just 1 shift a fortnight

ROG:

MrCabbage:

ROG:

MrCabbage:

That does not count so you will be free to use all the legally available hours for LGV driving

Understand, but my volunteer work falls in the middle of the day so screws up with most full-time jobs. I just want an agency who will give me umbrella work when I’m available