How soon is too soon?

I’ve got my Class 2 training/test booked for next month.

Would it be acceptable to start looking for jobs and maybe even applying now, as long as I make it clear I don’t have the license yet?

It won’t harm anything, go for it just tell em can only say no

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I’ve started doing that myself. One said “contact us again when you’ve got your licence”, so not a “no” straight off the bat!

Good luck!

Do not be put off applying now. I passed my class 2, had my class 1 training booked in and on the off chance applied for a class 1 job at a small family business… they took me on as a class 1 driver, paying me at class 2 rates until I passed my test.

I started with them, didn’t do any class 2 work but spent 2 weeks going out with the lads learning the role of a class 1 tanker driver. Thankfully a couple of weeks later I passed my class 1.
I went straight onto class 1 work (and pay) the day after / they even gave me a bonus payment for passing - £1500 towards the cost of my training which is financed myself!
Haven’t looked back, they’ve been more than supportive. They take on other drivers in similar positions, so I would presume other companies do too.

So I’d start applying, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain

Well I took people’s advice and applied for a few positions. I made sure to make it clear in my application that I don’t have the license yet.

Anyway, I’ve been offered an interview and there’s a potential of some 7.5 tonne work whilst I await my Class 2.

However, if I’m able to do 7.5 time work, I’ll only be doing one day per week as I can’t leave my current employment until after I’ve done my Class 2.

I’ll update this thread accordingly, incase anyone’s interested.

I’m interested - so keep us up to date and good luck.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Pete S:

I’m interested - so keep us up to date and good luck.

Pete S [emoji38] [emoji38]

Thanks Pete - so on to the update…I got the job! I’m sure this is no surprise given the current climate but yeh, they’re happy to wait for me to get my license next month.

Now I just need to hope I actually pass the test

Good luck!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: