WTD question

Hi all,

I’ve been driving a Class 2 for 3 weeks. My first week I did 59.25 hours driving and other work, second week 62 hours driving and other work and this past week 64.25 hours driving and other work. What are the consequences of these hours if caught doing them by VOSA or police?

I’ve been getting stuck in traffic due to roadworks and also getting myself stressed out due to getting close to 15 hours duty on a couple of occasions.

I feel that as the days have went by I’m getting quicker at doing my run so it will be unlikely that I would exceed these hours in future.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

BigDramaDrew:
Hi all,

I’ve been driving a Class 2 for 3 weeks. My first week I did 59.25 hours driving and other work, second week 62 hours driving and other work and this past week 64.25 hours driving and other work. What are the consequences of these hours if caught doing them by VOSA or police?

Not your worry

Your responsibility is to give all your data to your employer
It is the responsibility of the employer to do all those calculations as they have the admin dept with the computers to do it

The authorities are not bothered about WTD - they do not have any sanctions listed for breaches of it

Thank you for your quick reply ROG.

It takes a weight off my mind.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Your working hours are usually averaged out over a 17 or 26 week reference period so I wouldn’t worry too much. As Rog has already said, your company should be in a position to calculate them for you and amend your future working weeks accordingly.