Volvo FH refuelling

Hi,

Might be a daft question, but I’ve heard different things from different people. I’ve been driving a fairly new Volvo FH. It has a large tank on one side and a smaller one behind the exhaust system.

Should filling one tank fill both? Or should one be filled first? Does it matter if you just fill the big one?

Cheers GDL.

granddaddylow:
Hi,

Might be a daft question, but I’ve heard different things from different people. I’ve been driving a fairly new Volvo FH. It has a large tank on one side and a smaller one behind the exhaust system.

Should filling one tank fill both? Or should one be filled first? Does it matter if you just fill the big one?

Cheers GDL.

Makes no difference which side you fill first, I usually fill the big tank first but that’s my preference and no if you only want to fill the larger tank and not bother with the smaller one it just means you’ll be filling up more often.

Another daft question
You sure smaller tank aint ad blue?

mickymidas:
Another daft question

You got that bit right!
The fact that on Volvo the adblue tank is behind the cab and has a blue cap with “Adblue” written on it!

Yeah, it’s not the ad.blue tank. I’m sure there would have been lights on the dash if I’d filled that with diesel.

So I just filled the big tank, but that shows as full on the fuel gauge, which is why I hadn’t bothered with the small tank.