Help where to start?!

Hi guys,

Hope you’re all well. Sorry for the long post.

Looking for some helppls… Joined the board 2 + year ago now, now still sat in the same hated job… passed C2 Dec-18 wanted to go straight to C1 so didn’t pack my (cushty well paid!) office job in yet. Passed C1 Oct-2019 - result … was looking for a career change end 2019 into early 2020 then Covid hit … career change on back burner for a ‘couple of months until Covid goes away’ - clearly that never happened,

so now 18 months without driving a wagon, still in the same job and still wanting a change to driving but completely devoid of any confidence of where to start!
Whilst the uncertainty of Covid is still around ideally i’m after weekend or evening weekday (6pm+) work. I’d be happy for any opportunity and will even consider any training rate
i’m willing to be completely flexible and use annual leave from FT role to fit a driving some driving in where needed but don’t want to jack my job in just yet but nobody will touch me at all - tried going to tonnes of firms direct with no response or even call back as promised, tried speaking to the agencies they have nothing to give…
does anyone else have any ideas how or where I can go Class 1 OR 2 just to get some experience?
Based in DN16 but more than happy to drive an hour (ish) any direction!

Cheers in advance

Up the Iron Mark.
Go down to Spavins on Scotter road/ South Park industrial estate.
They’re short of drivers.

UTI indeed!

Thanks for the recommendation, didn’t think of them so on to them already!

cheers.

The below job was first posted on indeed.co.uk 6 days ago.

uk.indeed.com/jobs?q=HGV%20Clas … d7de38ebfc

HGV Class 2 Driver with CLASS 1 FUNDED- job post
DHL Supply Chain
19,948 reviews
Goole
£12.75 - £16.96 an hour - Full-time, Permanent

PERMANENT HGV Class 2 Driver (with PROGRESSION to CLASS 1)

DHL Supply Chain Goole

STARTING Salary: £12ph (13ph for night and weekends £15.96ph for overtime)

Class 1 Salary: £12.75ph (£14.02ph for nights, £15.93 ph for weekends and £16.95 ph for overtime)

Shift Pattern: Mixture available

Start Time: Mixture available

Contract: Full time and part time

DHL are now funding LGV licence training through our brand new Driving Ambition scheme at our Transport Development Centres.

We are currently offering current Class 2 drivers a fantastic opportunity to upskill to Class 1. Various shift patterns and part time hours available with start dates and training to start from July.

What does this job involve?

Delivering goods to multiple sites
Mixture of start times available
Mixture of shift patterns available
Manual handling involved
Working on a dedicated Tesco Fleet & Network
We are looking for Drivers who:

Hold their Class 2 Licence
Hold a Driver CPC Qualification and Digital Tachograph Card
Drive in a safe and efficient manner, ensuring adherence to parking, speed and road signage
Work safely within the Health and safety environmental guidelines, and ensure all vehicle checks are carried out prior to commencement of work
Are flexible in approach to work, and work effectively as part of a team, providing support in resolving problems and have a can do, right first time and passionate approach
Work within all legal parameters of drivers hours and working time directive legislation, being fully compliant with tachograph and break requirements
Have basic mechanical understanding
What are the benefits?

As part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which may include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, career development, access to global opportunities and many more!

Our drivers benefit from:

High specification cabs
Company funded CPC training
Safety equipment
DVSA earned recognition status
A future career path in to other jobs, including global opportunities
Access to DHL advantages scheme (acess to discounts and retail vouchers)
Full uniform
DHL
6 days ago
Apply on company site