Another potential new driver asking annoying questions

Hi,

I’m looking into becoming a lorry driver but not really clued up on everything so have a few questions.

I’m a bus driver just now and have done it for 2years, would companies take this for driving experience?

When you do tramping work on say a 4 on 4 off is that 4 days 3 nights or 5days 4nights?

What could I realistically expect to earn? I see adverts upto 35k etc but only pay 10-12ph so looks a bit of a con.

Any help would be appreciated.

I’m on 35k on a 48 hour average without tramping.

35 is easily attainable.

Bus licence? It’ll be considered in terms of driving ability but not insurance terms

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Dale88:
Hi,

I’m looking into becoming a lorry driver but not really clued up on everything so have a few questions.

I’m a bus driver just now and have done it for 2years, would companies take this for driving experience?

When you do tramping work on say a 4 on 4 off is that 4 days 3 nights or 5days 4nights?

What could I realistically expect to earn? I see adverts upto 35k etc but only pay 10-12ph so looks a bit of a con.

Any help would be appreciated.

4 on 4 off tramping will be 4 days / 3 nights generally, expect to share the truck with your opposite driver, they’re not gonna let it sit for 4 days while you’re not working. Especially if you are a newbie don’t expect to be in the same vehicle all the time either, so anything valuable take with you when you finish your week or you may never see it again.