Stobarts interview

Hi all passed my class 1 before the last lock down
I am currently doing rigid work the pay is around 35k I have been struggling to get class 1 work as I have no experience and any driving assessment I have had I have failed simply because of the reverse anyway got a interview way stobarts anyone got any information what they are like to Wark for

Rude comments removed .

Drinking too much and posting doesn’t mix kids .

Every new Driver fails on the reversing in assessments…
Book as many driving assessments as you can and use the time to practice. Just don’t be disheartened if you don’t pass. Just use the opportunity to practise, it’s a free lesson.

Once you had a bit of practise you will have a chance with some transport company

taggy24:
Hi all passed my class 1 before the last lock down
I am currently doing rigid work the pay is around 35k I have been struggling to get class 1 work as I have no experience and any driving assessment I have had I have failed simply because of the reverse anyway got a interview way stobarts anyone got any information what they are like to Wark for

I passed class 1 5 years ago… and didn’t touch a truck again til my first assessment 3 years later.

I had another lined up for the day after intending to treat the first as a refresher…

I passed it…take your time on the reverse and tell them before what the score is. My assessor gave me plenty of advice.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Many people will slate Stobart but have never worked for them.
As a newbie to C+E take the job if you get offered it. You’ll get good experience and most of the work Stobart do isn’t hard.
No doubt they have a bad reputation but their equipment is well maintained and it’s very easy to get defects sorted, it’s just lazy drivers not willing to make a phone call to get something repaired.
Planners may try to plan you maximum hours but just be firm and say you don’t have enough hours to do the job and usually they’ll change the job.
Their training academy set up is fairly impressive. You’ll usually get sent out with an experienced driver for 2 weeks.

Even if you don’t enjoy working for them and stay there long term you can use it as a stepping stone for something better. What depot are you applying for?

Hi thanks for the reply I am going for a job in Bellshill

Jaxo:
Many people will slate Stobart but have never worked for them.
As a newbie to C+E take the job if you get offered it. You’ll get good experience and most of the work Stobart do isn’t hard.
No doubt they have a bad reputation but their equipment is well maintained and it’s very easy to get defects sorted, it’s just lazy drivers not willing to make a phone call to get something repaired.
Planners may try to plan you maximum hours but just be firm and say you don’t have enough hours to do the job and usually they’ll change the job.
Their training academy set up is fairly impressive. You’ll usually get sent out with an experienced driver for 2 weeks.

Even if you don’t enjoy working for them and stay there long term you can use it as a stepping stone for something better. What depot are you applying for?

Well said. I haven’t worked for ES yet, so don’t have an opinion. It might change in the near future [emoji16]
What I can say though is that I’ve started believing that bad things and practice can happen everywhere. I could write a wee book about shocking and illegal things that I witnessed at DHL, a company with DVSA’s blue light. It’s always, obviously, brushed under the magic carpet and the illusion is maintained…
Rav

Sent from my moto g(8) using Tapatalk