Experience required

Hi folks

I’ve been driving Class 2’s for 11 years and buses for a few years before that…

I’m taking my Class 1 test in a fortnight

My question is does my previous ‘decade of experience’ as an HGV driver count at all towards the often “experience required” for class 1 vacancies?

Colv:
Hi folks

I’ve been driving Class 2’s for nearly 10 years and buses for a few years before that…

I’m taking my Class 1 test in a fortnight

My question is does my previous ‘decade of experience’ as an HGV driver count at all towards the often “experience required” for class 1 vacancies?

There is apparently a 50,000 hgv driver shortage. Due to the dreaded brexit and other factors. You should be able to walk into a job if this shortage is real.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If you live in an area with a large number of distribution centres then it’s easy to find somewhere that takes on new passes.

Take a look on indeed and search “HGV Class 1”

uk.indeed.com/jobs?q=hgv%20clas … 84d366e4d3

Here’s a company that takes on new passes:

HGV Class 1 Driver
Deutsche Post DHL Group853 reviews - Aberdeen
£27,103 - £32,429 a year - Full-time, Permanent

Apply On Company Site

BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE

Job Type: HGV Class 1 Driver
Shift Pattern: Days 5 out of 7 & Nights 4 on 4 off
Contracted Hours: 48 Hours
Annual Salary: £27,103 - £32,429
Overtime/Bonus: X1.5 after 48 hours
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Customer/Location: Aberdeen/Multi-User site
Experience required: We welcome new drivers

…and a second company that takes on new passes:

HGV 1 OVERNIGHT DRIVERS - DUNDEE
M8 Staffing13 reviews - Airdrie
£14 - £16 an hour - Part-time, Temporary

Apply with Indeed

M8 Staffing have an immediate start available for a Class 1 Tramper to join our clients team at their Dundee depot.

You will hold a valid Class 1 licence, CPC Card and digital Tachograph, Our client is ideally seeking someone who has previous tramping experience but they are willing to give newly Qualified drivers an opportunity.

…and a third company that takes on new passes:

HGV Class 1 Driver
J.BORTHWICK LTD - Melrose TD6
Full-time, Permanent

Apply with Indeed

Hgv drivers required for immediate start, varied work in a busy environment.

Experience would be preferred but candidates newly passed their tests will be considered.

…and a fourth company that takes on new passes:

HGV Class 1 Night Driver
XPO Logistics7,191 reviews - Motherwell
£12.68 an hour - Full-time, Permanent

Apply On Company Site

Logistics done differently.

Are you an HGV driver fed up with not knowing when you’re working next? Looking for guaranteed hours with a well-respected company that will pay you what you’re worth? Or are you a newly-passed driver looking for a company that’ll give you the chance to kick off your career? We’re looking for full-time, permanent Class 1 HGV Night Drivers to join us at our site in Motherwell.

Blag it Mate , I got my first European trip but before that I was asked what experience I had in driving in Europe .
I had driven a caravan off the ferry to a camp site a few kilometres from the port, with that I was asked how many trucks do you own , then shipped out the next day .