DVLA delays and issues

Hello guys and girls,

Is anyone else having problems with the dvla?
I applied for my tach 4 weeks ago and I’ve heard nothing back. I also sent my Class 2 pass certificate 3 weeks ago and this to hasn’t been updated yet, but my dqc was done last week 3 days after passing. I can’t get through to them on the phone or webchat, there twitter is pretty much useless. I know there is a current strike at the moment, but I’ve been trying to find information from them about a eta on the licence as I have a job lined up for the last week or so.

Just wondering if this is normal?

Did you scan all the docs before sending them as they may have got lost in the post :question:

Crawleytrucker:
Hello guys and girls,

I applied for my tach 4 weeks ago and I’ve heard nothing back. I also sent my Class 2 pass certificate 3 weeks ago and this to hasn’t been updated yet, but my dqc was done last week 3 days after passing. I can’t get through to them on the phone or webchat, there twitter is pretty much useless. I know there is a current strike at the moment, but I’ve been trying to find information from them about a eta on the licence as I have a job lined up for the last week or so.

Did you mods 2 + 4 for CPC or did you do 35 hours as you have pre 97 licence :question:

If you did mods 2 + 4 then you would have needed your physical licence which means it was not sent with LGV C pass cert …

ROG:

Crawleytrucker:
Hello guys and girls,

Did you mods 2 + 4 for CPC or did you do 35 hours as you have pre 97 licence :question:

If you did mods 2 + 4 then you would have needed your physical licence which means it was not sent with LGV C pass cert …

I took pictures of everything I sent just in case they got “lost” I sent them all signed for as well and have the delivery details of who signed. I done my practical test on a Thursday and the mod 4 on the Friday, because of this the examiner told me on the Thursday to keep hold of my licence until I had done the mod 4 the next day as I needed it for then. Then after completing the mod 4 I would need to send my certificate and licence off to claim my Class 2 pass.

It shows up on my licence check that I’ve passed Class 2 and that I also have a dqc. And I got the dqc very quickly but my licence isn’t updated and like I said I applied for my tachograph quite a while ago and not heard anything about that either

Advice to others reading this thread -
You can get a digicard with just a car licence :bulb:

I can only think the physical return of your licence has something to do with the DVLA industrial action unless it has got lost in the post

ROG:
Advice to others reading this thread -
You can get a digicard with just a car licence :bulb:

I can only think the physical return of your licence has something to do with the DVLA industrial action unless it has got lost in the post

I applied for my digicard before my test, way before so that’s why I’m not sure why it hasn’t even been added yet. My licence I’m not that worried about as its showing but the digi side is stopping me working

As mentioned industrial action so short staffed as they did have a high case of positive virus tests and the working from home was changed to get some back in the office.

Tarmaceater:
As mentioned industrial action so short staffed as they did have a high case of positive virus tests and the working from home was changed to get some back in the office.

But like I said, I applied for my digicard before the industrial action was meant to start by a few weeks, one of the people I was talking to on test day applied the same day as I did and got his within 5 days :laughing:

Can anyone confirm if this is big issue if you have a class 2 license and then pass your Class 1, then theres a huge delay in getting your license updated, thereby stuffing up your chances of getting a class 1 job?

Sent my EU licence for exchange with new medical(45 years old now) 2 week ago.Was expected waiting 2-3 month.But today ready check online,adress updated,may be ready at home my licence.Call for new CPC card.Answer in 3 minute as well.Good job at DVLA,Well done.

Did you do the digital tachograph card online? Has the money been taken from your account?

Just a thought…

Passed my class 1 on a Friday last month, gave the examiner my licence after the test, and had my new licence in the post on the following Thursday, so that bit of DVLA seems to be working.

andrew3737:
Passed my class 1 on a Friday last month, gave the examiner my licence after the test, and had my new licence in the post on the following Thursday, so that bit of DVLA seems to be working.

This job do online.Not affected by staff.Just in location Dvla test centre somebody enter in date base and job jone.