Manual entry

Hi gents,

I’m currently doing part time class 2 and 1 on a Saturday, the day is usually 9-11hrs long. I was doing this every weekend while I was on furlough, but I’m now back full time at my current job Monday - Friday doing a 40hr week. My job involves office and warehouse work

Do I need to do a Manual entry on a Saturday morning stating the hours I’m doing in my full-time Job, and am I right in thinking that due to working hours I will only be able to work every other Saturday?

I passed my Class 2 last October and passed my Class 1 at the beginning of May this year, and I’m still struggling to get my head around the hours I’m allowed to work.

Many thanks,

Joe.

Manual entries to cover all week would be far too much because you would need to show breaks to satisfy the software when your card gets downloaded. It would be time-consuming and the chances of making a mistake would be fairly high.

Technically the answer is that you should record on a tacho chart or the back of tachograph paper, but it is generally accepted that if you have a record of start and finish times and keep it with you, this suffices. The purpose of this is so that it can be seen that you are getting appropriate daily and weekly rest for the purposes of the EU rules.

If you are working Monday to Friday, indeed you could only do alternate Saturdays.

BigJoetrucker:
Hi gents,

I’m currently doing part time class 2 and 1 on a Saturday, the day is usually 9-11hrs long. I was doing this every weekend while I was on furlough, but I’m now back full time at my current job Monday - Friday doing a 40hr week. My job involves office and warehouse work

Do I need to do a Manual entry on a Saturday morning stating the hours I’m doing in my full-time Job, and am I right in thinking that due to working hours I will only be able to work every other Saturday?

I passed my Class 2 last October and passed my Class 1 at the beginning of May this year, and I’m still struggling to get my head around the hours I’m allowed to work.

Many thanks,

Joe.

Don’t forget that you will still need at least 45 hrs rest once every two fixed weeks. If you reduced this on any week though, then it must be paid back. So the week where you work a Saturday is likely to be e reduced weekly rest (less than 45 hours), whatever the reduction is needs to be paid back by the end of the third week following the reduction. It is quite possible that you could do every other Saturday as this would probably only be a slight reduction and then it would be paid back the following weekend.

Recently it was made rule that drivers need a full record of all “other work” they do, even though your other work is your main work. There’s no obligation to record this as a manual entry and I certainly wouldn’t. Easiest thing would be to have a cheap hardbacked week-to-view diary dedicated to just your work and record everything in that.
And, as the other guys have already said, you’d only be able to do alternate Saturdays

I sometimes do weekend driving, Mon to Friday non driving work. I do a few mins OW at end of last eject to cover handing in paperwork etc, then ‘?’ then begin manual entry for start to putting card in. As others say keep a diary showing Mon to Friday work all should be fine.
Yes only one day every other week, need the 45 hrs rest everyother.

Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk