Driver Cpc Query

Hi all

So i used to drive a bus and recently passed my Class 2 test. While on buses i had a Cpc card but that has now expired. To get my Cpc for my Class 2 can i simple renew this card by doing courses online or would i need to do a module 4 test.

cheers in advance

jdjuk:
Hi all

So i used to drive a bus and recently passed my Class 2 test. While on buses i had a Cpc card but that has now expired. To get my Cpc for my Class 2 can i simple renew this card by doing courses online or would i need to do a module 4 test.

cheers in advance

1 - Did you pass car test before 1997? - if yes then your original DQC will have LGV on it so all you have to do is 35 hours periodic online or in person

Do you still have your card? Did it have truck category on the reverse?

If you have held a CPC card with truck on it before, your option is ongoing CPC training modules. If you have never held a CPC card with truck category your option depends on whether you held C1 since before 1997, but in either case doing the initial CPC is an option.

If you held C1 since before 1997 (or C before 2009), between 2009 and 2014 you were treated as CPC qualified, but from then you need to have completed five modules in the last five years to get a card. Doing the modules at any point will give a five year qualification from when the last is completed.

The ongoing modules are not a pass/fail exercise, but will take 5 days of your time.

jdjuk:
can i simple renew this card by doing courses online

Just in case of any misunderstanding, online DCPC isn’t a " logon and do it with the machine whenever you have the time" thing, it’s a remote course run by a live person at specific times, who will be talking to you and other drivers in real-time, and you’ll need a device with sound and audio, preferably a laptop or desktop not a phone, you can do it via a phone screen but it’s a pain for all concerned.

Some places do remote courses on a Saturday, saves you having to take time off work.