Tockwith Training Refund

Not been on here much recently (mostly been sat on my backside at home on long term Furlough…)

Passed my Class 1 in Feb last year, haven’t driven one on the road since so booked 3 hours next week with Tockwith Training, only to be told yesterday I’m starting back at work on the same day…

Thought I might have to wave goodbye to £260, but rang TT this morning and was amazed when they said I could have a refund (with 4 days to go).

Thought that was awesome customer service, so seemed only fair to post up on here

That surprised me in a pleasant way! Was expecting a tale of woe and double dealing, but fair play to Tockwith Training for being fair with you. I hope lots of wannabes read this and decide to spend their money there.

Edit to add: I’m sure that there are many, many equally fair and honest training providers out there, but it’s so rare to read a nice tale that it kinda surprises one.

Think with most training companies,as long as you give them at least 3 days notice you are fine as they then can use the training vehicle with another booking.Its only when its left to late for a cancellation that the company could withhold the money as the company would loose the vehicle for training.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

With the resumption of driving tests It’s highly likely that they have a backlog of drivers wanting to train so they’ll easily fill the gap

Definitely

Just down the road from me - top set of people, been going for ages, great reputation. Did my tests with them 21yrs ago, I always recommend them to people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meant to post this thread in the Newbie forum (like I said not been on here much recently :laughing: )

Hopefully I do better at driving an Artic in the right direction (next time I’m in one ) than I managed ‘driving’ this forum on Friday :slight_smile:

As they explained to me if I’d booked a course of Tuition upto a pre-booked test then no chance whatsoever of such a late notice cancellation, but as that instructor and vehicle were going to be on site anyway they could refund no problem.

Was certainly a very welcome surprise for me, quite sure some trainers would be tempted to keep the money and try to resell those hours, given that they would have just come out of 4+? Months of lockdown when income would surely have been reduced (even with Govt. support).

Anyway certainly made my Friday, was traumatic enough facing up to being back at work (will be first time I’ve driven Class 2 for 14 months :open_mouth: ) without having also convinced myself i’d probably just kissed goodbye to £262 on top !!!

Nice to see some good news. You always get to see people complaining about a company on the internet but rarely people posting when things go fine.

Glad you had a good experience. I would have been surprised to hear anything different about Tockwith.

Good luck with the job, Pete S :laughing: :laughing: