Problem Booking CPC Module 2 Case Studies

Hi all, new to this and have a very simple question.
I have been trying to book the LGV Driver CPC Case Studies for my initial driver CPC.
The only link available on the DVSA/Pearson website is for PCV Driver CPC (Cat D).
I have emailed pearson, no reply, called DVSA, Pearson etc and just get booted out of the system constantly.
My intention is to walk into the test centre today as there appears no other way to get any info, unless some kind soul on here knows another way.
Thank you

Hi
sorry to hear you are having problems booking a CPC case study test .

try this link , I just tried it and it seems fine :

wsr.theorytest.dvsa.gov.uk/test … cale=en_GB

Nick

My guess is that you passed your car test before 1997 meaning that you already hold a CAT C1 licence. The booking system struggles with this and it is a real problem to get sorted. However, it can be done if you have the patience. Call 01623 555661 and they can help you with this.

By far and away the easiest alternative is to complete the Periodic Training (35hrs) either face to face or online. A call to the same number will also help you with this.

Take care, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Pete S:
My guess is that you passed your car test before 1997 meaning that you already hold a CAT C1 licence.

My thought as well Pete

If you do have a pre 1997 car licence then you can get some of the 35 hours during your LGV training if the training provider is driver cpc approved - worth asking :bulb:

Brilliant guys, thank you so much, yes license is like myself, aged :slight_smile:

tommcdermott:
Brilliant guys, thank you so much, yes license is like myself, aged :slight_smile:

Forget Mods 2+4 tests would be my recommendation and do the 35 hours which you can do online now as you have LGV C1 or perhaps mix some online with some practical :bulb:

I’ve also run into this problem and tried to phone Pearsons (and DVLA) but it seems impossible to contact them.

Thanks very much to Rog and Pete for providing the information. Very helpful.

My question now is: if I go down the 35 hrs periodic training route do I still need to do Mods 1 and 2?

Dunnage:
I’ve also run into this problem and tried to phone Pearsons (and DVLA) but it seems impossible to contact them.

Thanks very much to Rog and Pete for providing the information. Very helpful.

My question now is: if I go down the 35 hrs periodic training route do I still need to do Mods 1 and 2?

Worth noting Pearson no longer have the contract to deliver theory tests - DVSA are now managing it themselves, hence why you won’t get an answer.

Best advice is to ring at 08.00, otherwise be prepared to wait hours on hold. The line also cuts off at 2hrs which as you can imagine is incredibly frustrating!

If you have acquired rights and are going for CPC35hrs instead you only need to sit Mod 1 (Multi Choice + Hazard Perception).

Thanks, BBB. Very helpful.

Even at 0800, DVLA haven’t answered and I get cut off at after about 30 minutes. Good info about Theory and Hazard tests - one CPC online provider said I didn’t need it but I thought it seemed odd that it could be booked if it was not required.

Mod 1 next Monday and then I think I’ll do the 35 hours online to get the DQC.

Dunnage:
Thanks, BBB. Very helpful.

Even at 0800, DVLA haven’t answered and I get cut off at after about 30 minutes. Good info about Theory and Hazard tests - one CPC online provider said I didn’t need it but I thought it seemed odd that it could be booked if it was not required.

Mod 1 next Monday and then I think I’ll do the 35 hours online to get the DQC.

You’d need to ring DVSA as opposed to DVLA - 0300 200 1122.

Pick a good provider and those 35hrs should be very beneficial for you as a new driver. :smiley:

I’m with Peter Smythe Training and to date they’ve been very helpful.
My pre-1997 licence has caused me a bit of confusion but it’s all clear now. I reckon the 35 hours (for a new driver like myself) has more learning value than Mod 2 and 4 so 35 hours it is.

Dunnage:
I’m with Peter Smythe Training and to date they’ve been very helpful.
My pre-1997 licence has caused me a bit of confusion but it’s all clear now. I reckon the 35 hours (for a new driver like myself) has more learning value than Mod 2 and 4 so 35 hours it is.

Are you getting some of the 35 hours for doing your practical training :question:

Nick911:
Hi
sorry to hear you are having problems booking a CPC case study test .

try this link , I just tried it and it seems fine :

wsr.theorytest.dvsa.gov.uk/test … cale=en_GB

Nick

Thank you for sharing this! It’s relevant for me