Time for the boss to step back - a bit!

Having been involved in various aspects of goods and passenger transport for close to 50 years - and nearly 36 of them running PSTT, it’s time for me to step back - - at least a little bit! The observant amongst you will notice that the Forum Sponsor is now listed as Paul@PSTT. For clarity, Paul is an experienced instructor, now working primarily in the customer support team at PSTT. As such, he is ideally placed to answer queries on training generally and on PSTT training specifically. So Paul will be answering forum users’ questions in the same way that I’ve done for the last few years.

But you don’t get shot of me that easily! I have another account under the name Pete S. So I will still help and contribute as far as I can. But Paul will be the greater contributor so fire your questions at him!! I am also available to step in as and when required to assist with training.

It really has been a joy (most of the time) offering help and advice. Much of the time this has been in the way of corrective online training where things aren’t going to plan with someone’s course that they’re taking elsewhere. And I treat this as a privilege - regardless of the fact that some other trainer has collected the fees! It’s been mentioned (but not for a long time) that I seem a bit too keen to recruit candidates. I make no excuse for this, just an explanation. Firstly, PSTT pays a substantial sum each year to sponsor the forum. This clearly has to be recouped. But, more importantly, is that fact that I genuinely believe that PSTT offers some of the finest training, from staff to vehicles and facilities, in the UK. And this is why folks travel to take advantage from all over the UK (and beyond).

I hope to support you all in the future and hope that you will continue to support PSTT as so many Trucknet users have over the last few years. So I can now be found pottering around in the garage at home keeping some elderly cars on the road!

WIshing you all the very best with your training and tests, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter, I have done my class 1 and cat D with pstt and it was through the advertisements you do on these forums

But one of the main reasons is that you must be one of the very few traning schools who actually go out their way to save money, and offer super deals while still offering top class training with free accommodation to boot.

Signed,sealed and delivered ,

Thank You.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Peter, you seem like a really decent bloke running a business the way it should be run.

Glad you’re still hanging about

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

If you get an outside cabin you will get better access to the internet satellite.

Glad you will be sticking around on the forums in some capacity. Certainly you are often the voice of reason speaking with obvious authority and knowledge.

Enjoy the stepping back a bit. You certainly have done your bit!

I can recommend stepping back completely.

I would like to wish you all the best for your retirement and to take the opportunity to say a massive thank you for providing help and advice to me when I’ve asked. I am honored to have met you and am so pleased I chose PSTT for my Class 2 training and am hoping Class 1 goes as well too. Once again put your feet up Pete and enjoy your cars :smiley: all the best Andy

It is very well deserved I am sure!

I am mid-way through a lockdown 2 cancelled course and a 450+miles drive away, and not once do I regret choosing to make the drive down from Aberdeen, nothing has ever been to much trouble! Heading back down again on Saturday to finish my course off and hopefully pass test, and getting my class 1 booked in Thank you for all the help and advice you and team at PSTT are brilliant

Enjoy some retirement time Pete, you only live once and nothing wrong with stepping back and taking some time for you now. Enjoy the cars and nothing like pottering around in the garage tinkering with cars. I just need the cars and the garage to go with it lol

Hi Pete, when I look back 3/4 years when I was looking at training - I came to this forum and with the amount of information out that you provided I chose you. I remember telling my friends who later trained with you that as a man and business you have to have some serious big balls to claim your one of the best on a forum that most new truckers come to. I don’t regret training with your firm as I now drive for Royal Mail rather than on foot in deliveries. Best career move I never made. Good luck for the future - happy retirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best of luck in your retirement Pete.

Sorry I missed this in Dec, Pete, doing 12 hour days, not enough time to surf AND sleep, well apart from the ■■■■, of course, that’s a given :smiley:

Yes, like hundreds, probably thousands, of others, I have asked you many questions.

Always got a professional, friendly, accurate, reply, very quickly too.

Thank you very much for doing what you did/do, very much appreciated.

Enjoy the free time you have now, mate. You’ve DEF earned it.

That reminds me, gotta fire off a PM to Tachograph about hours. :slight_smile:

Pete
I rarely post but I’ll make an exception today.
Thanks for everything you have given to the industry and especially this forum.
You have contributed towards an increase in professionalism which may stand the ne t generation of uk drivers in good stead.

Thanks Bigpaul. That means a lot.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Wow big shoes to fill, yes I know it’s nearly a year old now but I’ve been out the game for a number of years.
But now sadly due to marriage brake down im looking at getting back into it.
So couldn’t ignore this post once I’d seen it and would like to thank Pete for all he’s done and the great advice he’s given out for all these years.
I remember as a wet behind the ears newbie he was always great for advice, and one of many top guys on here, seen a few come and go while I was active on here mainly in the background but Pete and a couple of others have always stepped up and given great advice.
So enjoy your feet up time Pete and keep active as you like.

Thanks for the kind comments. I’m still instructing - but not much! Just finished a series of courses and I’m not planning to do any more until autumn. Want to enjoy the summer whilst it’s here! But PSTT knows I’m on the end of the phone in emergency. So who knows?

Thanks again, Pete S :laughing: :laughing: