Www.nationwidemedicals.co.uk

Are nationwidemedicals.co.uk genuine?

Reading the reviews on trutspilot, folks seem to suggest they are a scam?

Even the suggestion that its a scam is probably enough for most people.

Looking at Trust Pilot, got to wonder about Bert Wilson’s sanity, who publicly states he’d commit infanticide over fifty quid :unamused:

I would try D4Drivers

I booked online before checking the reviews – NationWideMedicals are mentioned on the Mods page on how to get an HGV license, so I assumed they would be fine.

I have just come back from my medical and it all went fine – so they do exist, and they do perform the medical. I paid £49 with an online booking and I was impressed with the Dr that performed the medical.

The telephone number given on their web site is no longer recognised, so that does not instil confidence in them if one must get in touch – however, they do exist and do perform the medical.

I booked a medical with them before reading this. It didn’t happen - phone call cancelling while half way there - and no one responds by email or phone. The company number on the bottom of the webpage shows as compulsorily dissolved at Companies House.

Draw your own conclusions…

Scam. I’ve lost 50quid “doctor” didn’t even bother to book an office in provided adress. I should have read the forums before booking…

MacIsDoneWithBuses:
Scam. I’ve lost 50quid “doctor” didn’t even bother to book an office in provided adress. I should have read the forums before booking…

How did you pay for it :question:

ROG:

MacIsDoneWithBuses:

How did you pay for it :question:

Debit card…

Raise a chargeback claim with your bank - I did and (after a bit of faffing about) the money arrived today. Make sure you mention that the company mentioned in the website footer was dissolved on 3rd August by compulsory strike-off - find-and-update.company-informa … y/11563313.

Inglebert:
Raise a chargeback claim with your bank - I did and (after a bit of faffing about) the money arrived today. Make sure you mention that the company mentioned in the website footer was dissolved on 3rd August by compulsory strike-off - find-and-update.company-informa … y/11563313.

I will on monday. Thanks for idea.

Man oh man i wish i had done my research before i booked but it all seemed genuine untill i had paid my money then things seemed a little fishy. read this thread and imediatly contacted the bank but they refused to do anything untill my apoitment had passed.

Morning of my apt i got a text saying the dr was double booked did i want to rebook with a 25% discount or have a full refund. I asked for the latter and heard no more till monday morning i got an email saying my apt was rebooked for the next day at full cost. then day of the second apointment got a text saying apparently the venue had double booked and they would be in touch.

Bank are looking into it now but apprently they can take 120 days to decide what to do.

BishBashBosh:
I would try D4Drivers

I used these around last September time. Two Asian lads in what looked like a beaten up old bread van.
Looked really shifty and was nothing like an actual medical exam. Very suspect eye exam (read the same 6 letters covering your own alternate eye) and a blood pressure measurement. In and out in 3 min with about 20 lads at £50 a go.
Nice little earner.
Didn’t care like as it all went thought fine with DVLA

If they’ve gotten to that level then no doubt they’ll go the way of Doctors-on-wheels and end up being removed from DVLA’s list of approved suppliers of D4 medicals.

Cookyonthemove:

BishBashBosh:
I would try D4Drivers

I used these around last September time. Two Asian lads in what looked like a beaten up old bread van.
Looked really shifty and was nothing like an actual medical exam. Very suspect eye exam (read the same 6 letters covering your own alternate eye) and a blood pressure measurement. In and out in 3 min with about 20 lads at £50 a go.
Nice little earner.

Are you sure this was D4 Drivers?

We have used them for many years and their clinics are always in official venues with qualified doctors.

Your comments sound more like Doctors on Wheels who ran a similar operation and have subsequently been removed from DVLA’s approved provider list!

Cookyonthemove:

BishBashBosh:
I would try D4Drivers

Nice little earner.

I used D4Drivers and no problems. Physical building, and everything as described on their website.

cooper1203:
Man oh man i wish i had done my research before i booked but it all seemed genuine untill i had paid my money then things seemed a little fishy. read this thread and imediatly contacted the bank but they refused to do anything untill my apoitment had passed.

Morning of my apt i got a text saying the dr was double booked did i want to rebook with a 25% discount or have a full refund. I asked for the latter and heard no more till monday morning i got an email saying my apt was rebooked for the next day at full cost. then day of the second apointment got a text saying apparently the venue had double booked and they would be in touch.

Bank are looking into it now but apprently they can take 120 days to decide what to do.

waited 2 weeks from appointment date, called my bank, explained it was scam, appointment was a fiction and company does not exists, got refund in 5 minutes.