Very New to the LGV Scene!

Hello Everyone,

Just thought i’d start with a quick hello, and say what a good forum this looks!

I’m only just starting my LGV journey, medical is on Tuesday! Theory and Hazard Perception i’m not too worried about (lets not talk driver hours just yet… i need another few days revising those!!) as i have some handy apps and books already, But i’m struggling to find any decent help on CPC Module 2 Case Studies.

Anyone have any good recomendations?

Dave

Get a LARGE cup of coffee and click the link in my signature below - all you need to know should be there :smiley:

ROG:
Get a LARGE cup of coffee and click the link in my signature below - all you need to know should be there :smiley:

Sports Direct Mug of Tea on Standby while i click the link…

Cheers Rog! I’ll check it out now!

Dave

tdcist:
Hello Everyone,

Just thought i’d start with a quick hello, and say what a good forum this looks!

I’m only just starting my LGV journey, medical is on Tuesday! Theory and Hazard Perception i’m not too worried about (lets not talk driver hours just yet… i need another few days revising those!!) as i have some handy apps and books already, But i’m struggling to find any decent help on CPC Module 2 Case Studies.

Anyone have any good recomendations?

Dave

Yes for the case studies i used theorytest.org.uk/ It was only £9.99 but for the other stuff i used the DVSA learning Zone - took it out for 3 months in my case as it was a deal they did and i couldnt do test due to lockdown : dvsalearningzone.co.uk/

Best of luck. you can probably pass the case studies by eating healthily though (see one of my earlier posts on the case studies exam - it was incredibly easy.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!!

Finally, after months of lockdowns and postponements etc etc, I today passed all 3 theory tests!

Practical course, CPC mod 4 and test booked for mid July! Here’s to starting my LGV career!

I’m sure there will be more stupid questions some time around the 19th July onwards… lol

Congratulations this far and good luck for the practical. Hoping to join you soon, I have my initial theory tests (theory/hazard/cpc) booked for later this month and looking to get the practical side booked in when available - I’m expecting there will be a waiting list. Did you book much in advance? C+E eventually?

No such thing as a stupid question, it’s better to ask to make sure rather than damage equipment or injure yourself or someone else.

JSVanTruck:
Congratulations this far and good luck for the practical. Hoping to join you soon, I have my initial theory tests (theory/hazard/cpc) booked for later this month and looking to get the practical side booked in when available - I’m expecting there will be a waiting list. Did you book much in advance? C+E eventually?

There was about a 3 month backlog from when I phoned to book my dates, to when I could get one! Apparently a lot of places now aren’t booking people until they pass, I seem to be one of the lucky few that could book my weeks course before passing!

Yeh, hopefully C+E not long after I pass the C I hope!

Tarmaceater:
No such thing as a stupid question, it’s better to ask to make sure rather than damage equipment or injure yourself or someone else.

Indeed! This will be the first place I come to!

I have made loads of mistakes and miss judged a lot from dropping a trailer with too much weight in the front and it sank to it’s knees in a soft surface yard and as punishment had to hand ball off ten tons of Spanish ceramic tiles on my own .

Turned too tight and took out the front of a tourist coach in a restaurant in Portugal that allows truck parking.
Not ratchet strapped a load and got pulled in by the police who know all about commercial vehicles including ADR regulations, luckily no fine but told to secure it .
Should have refused to collect a wide load from Algeciras as didn’t have enough chain tensioners , fined in the Basque Country for no permit to transit there, and a fine for too wide , parked up for ten days , then DVSA issued a defect notice coming off the ferry in Plymouth, all fines paid back by the boss .
Including the charge to call out a crane in Burgos to reposition the load .

I have seen drivers pull away after dropping their trailer and forgot to remove all the Suzies has got distracted talking to a mate , the lesson here is if distracted, repeat what you did again.

As a driver you will get the blame for everything, I was unaware that the fork lift driver punctured some tons of white paint then turned the tins around inside the pallet to hide it, a few hours down the road I finished my break in the cafe to find leaking paint all down the side of the lorry, using some initiative I went to a bus depot and politely asked to borrow their jet wash .
Boss gave me a grilling, FLT driver didn’t.

Tarmaceater:
I have made loads of mistakes and miss judged a lot from dropping a trailer with too much weight in the front and it sank to it’s knees in a soft surface yard and as punishment had to hand ball off ten tons of Spanish ceramic tiles on my own .

Turned too tight and took out the front of a tourist coach in a restaurant in Portugal that allows truck parking.
Not ratchet strapped a load and got pulled in by the police who know all about commercial vehicles including ADR regulations, luckily no fine but told to secure it .
Should have refused to collect a wide load from Algeciras as didn’t have enough chain tensioners , fined in the Basque Country for no permit to transit there, and a fine for too wide , parked up for ten days , then DVSA issued a defect notice coming off the ferry in Plymouth, all fines paid back by the boss .
Including the charge to call out a crane in Burgos to reposition the load .

I have seen drivers pull away after dropping their trailer and forgot to remove all the Suzies has got distracted talking to a mate , the lesson here is if distracted, repeat what you did again.

As a driver you will get the blame for everything, I was unaware that the fork lift driver punctured some tons of white paint then turned the tins around inside the pallet to hide it, a few hours down the road I finished my break in the cafe to find leaking paint all down the side of the lorry, using some initiative I went to a bus depot and politely asked to borrow their jet wash .
Boss gave me a grilling, FLT driver didn’t.

Sounds like you’ve had your fair share of bad luck!
I’ll definitely remember that distraction phrase!!

Well good news everyone!

I passed my C test with only 2 minors on Friday! And also my CPC Mod 4 on Thursday.

Looking to book the full C+E as soon as I can, but realise it will be beneficial to get some experience first!

tdcist:
I passed my C test with only 2 minors on Friday!

PASSING C.jpg
LPLATE.jpg
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

Another update today!

Passed the C+E! With 0 minors today!!

Beyond pleased with myself! And feeling quite smug and happy!!

tdcist:
Another update today!

Beyond pleased with myself! And feeling quite smug and happy!!

Well done!! All in the space of a few months aswell :slight_smile: Enjoy your next job!

tdcist:

PASSING CE ARTIC.jpg
PASSING CE WD.jpg
LPLATE.jpg
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

Absolutely fantastic on the C+E pass so quickly after class 2! Which trainer did you go with and did you get class 2 experience in between?

Congratulations!! :smiley: :smiley:

Trucker Jimbob:
Absolutely fantastic on the C+E pass so quickly after class 2! Which trainer did you go with and did you get class 2 experience in between?

I went with NDC in Croydon (you may have seen them on channel 4 last week!) they were fantastic in my experience.

No, I had no experience, just went for class 2, then left it a couple of months before going back for class 1.