Driving licence

Evening, I hope somebody is able to help. I have had my medical and sent it off with my licence to gain my provisonal. I received my licence back today but from what I can tell nothing is different on the licence, should it be?

Many thanks.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Hi, I have heard this happening, if you check online you should have the provisional entitlement if you enter licence number etc.

gov.uk/view-driving-licence

How long did it take from sending your forms off to come back?

RoadRunner92:
Hi, I have heard this happening, if you check online you should have the provisional entitlement if you enter licence number etc.

gov.uk/view-driving-licence

How long did it take from sending your forms off to come back?

Marvellous thank you. Just checked and you are correct, it is showing provisonal. Everything took around 3 weeks to come through.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Are you supposed to write it in yourself■■? :laughing:

tbh, I’m baffled as to why the licence has to physically go to DVLA to be replaced with one that looks no different. I bet there’s a good reason - but I dont know it.

Take care, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
tbh, I’m baffled as to why the licence has to physically go to DVLA to be replaced with one that looks no different. I bet there’s a good reason - but I dont know it.

Take care, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I am going to assume it is for identification and security reasons

Peter Smythe:
tbh, I’m baffled as to why the licence has to physically go to DVLA to be replaced with one that looks no different. I bet there’s a good reason - but I don’t know it. Take care, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

The license issue number changes (it’s the 2 digit code at the end of the driver number), so if you state you ‘lost it’, got a replacement, got caught drink driving and issued a ban, police can verify that by the issue number - and yes, it has happened when the courts failed to update the DVLA…

Thank you, Caerleon - I was on the verge of sending my new licence back to the DVLA before I read your post! :smiley:

(By the way, received my new licence within a couple of weeks from the DVLA and they also updated my provisional entitlement details on their website.)

My licence doesn’t show provisional entitlements on the actual card but it does online.

That seems to be the way they do it with provisional entitlements now, they just add them online but not to the physical licence.

It wasn’t an issue at the test centres or the training centre.

WTH… Posted my D-license in October and still haven’t received it back!

ConvoyKid:
WTH… Posted my D-license in October and still haven’t received it back!

Has it been updated online? Have you received any acknowledgement of receipt? What did they say when you chased them?

My license doesn’t appear to have changed online but I don’t really know what I’m looking for. I’ve had no acknowledgement of receipt and have emailed them without reply.

I tell a lie. Received acknowledgement email on 10/11/21 estimating 10-11 weeks to process - received nothing since.

That seems to be the way they do it with provisional entitlements now, they just add them online but not to the physical licence

I got a new physical license two weeks after sending it off, with entitlements on. Maybe it’s to do with when you first obtained your license? I got mine in 1990 :laughing:

ConvoyKid:
I tell a lie. Received acknowledgement email on 10/11/21 estimating 10-11 weeks to process - received nothing since.

10-11 weeks? What is it you have asked for? First provisional, or renewal?

Apologies, 6-10 weeks, obviously it’s way over that.
Applied for a “Full provisional”. Filled in required paper forms and sent current D license.
I do have a medical condition so can only assume that this is causing the hold up but some communication from DVLA would help.

ConvoyKid:
Apologies, 6-10 weeks, obviously it’s way over that.
Applied for a “Full provisional”. Filled in required paper forms and sent current D license.
I do have a medical condition so can only assume that this is causing the hold up but some communication from DVLA would help.

I am awaiting mine for my Cat C provisional, sent in before christmas, no updates from DVLA, can’t speak to anyone there either, I too have a medical history, so may have something to do with that.

Received a number of medical questionaires in the mail this morning requesting further info from GP/Consultant about my health. They have to be returned within 14 days so will complete them this weekend and get them sent to DVLA.
They may then need to contact my GP/Consultant again so I can’t see this being sorted for a while.
One thing I never thought about when starting this process was the possibility of DVLA revoking my license if they deem me unfit to drive. In the event of that happening my present employment will be “up the swanny” as it’s 75% of the job. :open_mouth:

Update
Received letter from DVLA requesting I complete an ECG treadmill test at my local hospital which I have managed to book for 3rd of May. Seems a bit crazy as I’ve been a keen cyclist/runner for a good few years but I guess it has to be done. I had no idea this whole thing would take anywhere near as long when I started the process in October 21. :unamused: