Driving tests restart!

At last, driving tests for trucks and buses resume on Monday 13th July.

gov.uk/government/news/driv … =immediate

For clarity, all our candidates benefit from our direct booking service with DVSA. So ignore any reference to DVSA contacting you. They will not. We handle everything on your behalf and DVSA deal directly with us. Please do not contact DVSA ref your test; you are in a different system and they will not be able to answer your query. Any queries should go to 01623 555661 preferably from 1st July.

Good luck all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

=======================

Mod’s edit:

:bulb: Such good news is worthy of ‘Sticky’ status for a while. dd. :smiley:

Great news!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brilliant news Pete.

Brilliant news , i was literally one week away from my lessons and test with you guys pete and the unfortunate happened

I flew thru all my theorys and the dvsa cancelling all tests taken the wind out my sales

Who do i contact regarding fitting me back in as you can appreciate this time of year is prime time holiday’s at work and i now have to fit it in around other ppl

Many regards

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Am guessing Pete, yous are going to be extremely busy for the next few months and maybe even past Christmas.

Yous will have gone from doing almost nothing for 3 months to working 23 hours a day, conducting lessons and test during the night :smiley:

On a serious note, It is really great news to hear, sounds like our country is starting to pick it’s self up off it’s knees.

Yes, it really is great news. We wont know our test allocation until into next week. At that point, we can start scheduling.

Our phone is manned (only 1 person at present so be patient and call back if no answer) 01623 555661. The office will reopen, fully staffed, on 1st July.

applebygavin: you have choices. You will be contacted when we have the first allocation as you must be near the front of the queue. Alternatively, you are welcome to call Tracey on the number above. But there can be no information until we actually have the tests on our system. So please leave it until at least Wednesday next week.

It’s foolish to start guessing; it will only lead to chaos and disappointment. Sorry I cant be any more help at present.

Please bear with us, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Am guessing Pete, yous are going to be extremely busy for the next few months and maybe even past Christmas.

Yous will have gone from doing almost nothing for 3 months to working 23 hours a day, conducting lessons and test during the night :smiley:

On a serious note, It is really great news to hear, sounds like our country is starting to pick it’s self up off it’s knees.

I have spent the last 3 months in meeting after meeting with DVSA. I’m so pleased we’ve finally got the result and get going again.

It’s a dream to be that busy! We have a backlog of course. And it will take a while to clear as the number of tests will be initially restricted due to DVSA resource availability. But this will improve and old normality will return, albeit in a month or two.

And yes, brilliant that we - as a country - are coming alive again.

Take care, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Im already on your waiting list. Should i just wait for the call rather than ringing in and getting in the way of those trying to book?
Rich

Im already on your waiting list. Should i just wait for the call rather than ringing in and getting in the way of those trying to book?
Rich

Hi Rich. Good to hear from you. Everybody will be contacted as their name approaches the top. Depending on where you are in the list will determine when you are contacted. Test availability is expected to be a bit volatile for a while but we’ll manage it as well as possible.

Having said all that, I fully appreciate that you will want to know what the situation is so you are welcome to call and discuss from Wednesday 1st July.

Sorry I cant be more helpful at the moment.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Great news at last! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Just want to thank those of you who have called today. Apologies for vague answers though.

The best responses will come from Wednesday onwards. A limited number of tests should be available from 13th and we’ll get to hear about more during the following week.

The context is this. We normally have 12 weeks tests “in stock” and we simply allocate them as folks book courses. Our first allocation will likely only be a couple of weeks. And it will take iro 6 weeks before we’re back to normal for advance availability.

Chuck into this the fact that the allocation will be less than our old “normal” (but we dont know numbers yet) and it’s clear that this is very difficult to manage. But manage we will. I’m really lucky to have a great team who will be working hard to get everything sorted, in an orderly manner, as quickly as possible.

So thanks for bearing with us, and please carry on doing that for a short while.

Much appreciated, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

It’s great news. Great to get those wheels turning, students learning and training companies earning again.

hgvlgvtraining:
It’s great news. Great to get those wheels turning, students learning and training companies earning again.

Aye, great for those in England but everyone else is still waiting. I just hope we aren’t too far behind in Scotland.

bobdebouwer:

hgvlgvtraining:

Aye, great for those in England but everyone else is still waiting. I just hope we aren’t too far behind in Scotland.

Go and lay down with a paracetamol, at least you get them free. :stuck_out_tongue:

bobdebouwer:

hgvlgvtraining:

I’m in Scotland but booked with PSTT :slight_smile:

dead.duck:
I’m in Scotland but booked with PSTT :slight_smile:

It makes a lot of sense for thoses wanting to get a head start and not be sitting around instead.

applebygavin:
Brilliant news , i was literally one week away from my lessons and test with you guys pete and the unfortunate happened

I flew thru all my theorys and the dvsa cancelling all tests taken the wind out my sales

Who do i contact regarding fitting me back in as you can appreciate this time of year is prime time holiday’s at work and i now have to fit it in around other ppl

Many regards

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Similar situation for me…lockdown started 27th March & I was due to start my training on Monday 30th so literally the next working day!!!
The cats learnt some new swear words that day I tell ya!!
If I remember correctly, at the time Pete said that training & tests will be rebooked in the same order they were due to run back then, so if you were a week away from your start date then you should be booked in a week from the restart date, or thereabouts.
I know what you mean about it taking the wind out of your sails though, I’ve forgotten most of what I’ve learnt so far & will have to start all over again :frowning:
Really should have used this time on learning more but you know, ya just don’t do ya :laughing:

That’s correct. Training and tests will be offered in the order in which they were in March, April and May.

There will be anomalies as the expected quota of tests will be lower than it was previously for a while. But every effort will be made to get folks back, in the correct order, and as quickly as possible.

Hopefully we’ll get our quota in the next couple of days and my staff are like coiled springs ready to leap into action and contact our candidates.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Pete,

Thanks for your communication on the forum over the past few months during lockdown. I was due to take my Cat 1 test on April 6th and whilst it’s been a PITA not knowing when things would get back on track, it’s been nice having whatever update you could give.

Now to look forward to receiving my new dates when you and the team get things organised :slight_smile: .

Are expected job prospects same as they were a month ago: doom and gloom? Or has anything changed? And if not, why are all those people queuing to get an hgv licence?

Some good news would be great. Lost my job last week due to COVID, now would be a good time to become a truck driver…