Newbie - new pass class 1 unable to find work in west midlan

tippers_kiwi:
I got my first Class 1 Job with a bit of luck on the day I passed the test. I had been speaking to the instructor and he said just call, tell them you are a class 1 driver and ask to speak to the person who hires drivers (it’s not always the transport manager/office). I made a list of all the hauliers I could find within a 30 mile radius and made about 20 calls. This was just before lockdown so many were already reducing operations but I managed to get a positive response from a couple and a job from 1.

I agree fully with the posters further up, online applications and emails rarely get responses. A phone call and/or a personal visit shows initiative and willing. I do realise I have probably been super lucky but if it can happen to me it can happen to anyone!

Good luck

Many Thanks mate for your reply and advice.
After 3 months of waiting I have finally got work through an agency at EV cargo. I had an assessment yesterday which I passed and tomorrow I’m on the road. Does anyone have any experience working for EV cargo /NFT in Daventry. What I’ve been told so far is they serve Asda so it seems its all RDC and NDC work which is probably a good way to get experience. Just hope I don’t end up with 15 hour shifts lol.