Hazard test: how is this a failure?

I mean, I saw the hazard a fraction of a second before the 5 points mark, and still get nil points ■■

I’m afraid so. You have the “window of opportunity” that starts at number 5. If you click too soon, you get nothing - as you’ve discovered. The secret is to click when you see the hazard then count 1 - 2 then click again. You’ll get a score that way and all will be well. It’s a proven method and I suggest you use it. Some say “banana” instead of 1 - 2. It matters not.

Good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

As pete said above

Altho i did a 3 click method rather then 2

I will say the test is a lot easier then training as they are all now computer generated clips

So it tends to be obvious when something is about to happen if you get me

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I had this exact problem. Too observant and clicking early. I ride a motorbike and have down the years developed a very defensive driving/riding style. Unfortunately you can be too quick for the test. Ridiculous really.
I had to dumb it down for the test.
Used the technique that Pete has described.

I had same when I did my first hazard test years ago. I went into it same as my advanced driving training and failed! Bought a DVD and learnt how to do it to thier requirement and passed!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

I failed my bus HPT. The practice software required an instant click to get a 5. So I was used to scoring 5 for most clips by clicking quickly as soon as the hazard developed. Come the real test, all my fast clicks missed the window and only my follow-up “just in case” clicks registered me 1 - 3 points. It wasn’t enough.

It’s an absolute crock of ■■■■.