Any such thing as a drivers agency any more

Hi all as the title says are there proper drivers agencies about still. I have spent the last two days dashing about being promised work from these pop up micky mouse agencies that just waste your time. I am used to this having been in the warehouse industry and to be frank the only way to deal with them is be quite rude and blunt.

Yesterday I went to one in the town I live and while I was there on the promise of 7.5 tonne work a call came in wanting someone to start tomorrow (thurs) I was promised this work with a promise that they would call me this morning with the details. 3 times I called today to chase it and low and behold they never got back to me.

I was hopping that they might of been a little more professional given you need a qualification to do it rather than bumbling round a warehouse but no such luck.

any recommendations of decent agencies in the kent area appreciated
coop

cooper1203:
to be frank the only way to deal with them is be quite rude and blunt.

How rude and blunt are we talking. Walk in off the street and shout give me a ■■■■■■■ job split arse?

I think that may be your problem, it’s not the only way to deal with them. If I am working in an agency and I have 20 guys looking for a 7.5 tonne job and 1 job for that day - the blunt rude bloke with no experience can ■■■■ right off

no not quite that rude but more along the lines of when they call you up and want you to travel 40 miles to their office suggest they email the paperwork and if they refuse suggest they pay your petrol that you will gladly refund with your first paycheck.
If they refuse that ask if the job exists, or as I had yesterday get told you have a start they have seen your paperwork and know I haven’t got my cpc card yet just the certificate and tell you to quit your job because the company definatly want you its all sorted. then when you get there you get turned away because you don’t have the card yet.
Then they get a fairly rude comment.

Yes unfortunately there are a lot of dishonest people in the agency game.

There are some not bad ones though, unfortunately I don’t know about your area

W D E Recruitment Ltd
WebsiteDirections
Save

12 Google reviews
Recruiter in Ashford, Kent, England

Address: Unit 7, Murston Business Centre, Norman Rd, Ashford Kent TN23 7AD

Phone: 01233 647401 I here these are good to work for . ■■?.