Just passed my class 2 cpc question

Hi all just passed my class 2 today 4 minors so looking at getting my cpc done but also thinking of booking my class 1 do u think am better sitting my class 1 and then booking a cpc course thanks

I can be no help to your questions but congratulations on your pass :sunglasses:

PASSING C.jpg

taggy24:
Hi all just passed my class 2 today 4 minors so looking at getting my cpc done but also thinking of booking my class 1 do u think am better sitting my class 1 and then booking a cpc course thanks

I’d say do your cpc first then do your class 1.

I did my cpc 2 weeks before i passed my class 1 and my cpc card came 3 weeks after my class 1, and that’s after me chasing them up a few times to see what the crack was.

You’ll be told that you can drive on your cpc pass certificate but most agencies/companies will tell you to come back when you have the card, again this is just my experience it might be different elsewhere.

I feel like I’m asking the same question as I did the other day but why are you rushing to take your CPC now when you have 5 years to do it?

Obviously you can do it now if you want but I don’t understand why everyone is rushing to do it immediately like it’s urgent?

When you complete all 4 parts of your CPC, you get your CPC card which is valid for 5 years so employers should be fine to hire you?

TruckerWannabe123:
I feel like I’m asking the same question as I did the other day but why are you rushing to take your CPC now when you have 5 years to do it?

Obviously you can do it now if you want but I don’t understand why everyone is rushing to do it immediately like it’s urgent?

When you complete all 4 parts of your CPC, you get your CPC card which is valid for 5 years so employers should be fine to hire you?

I think most people “rush” to do it because they just forked out nearly 1500 pounds and want to get out working as soon as possible. no cpc pass certificate no workey

cooper1203:

TruckerWannabe123:

I think most people “rush” to do it because they just forked out nearly 1500 pounds and want to get out working as soon as possible. no cpc pass certificate no workey

But I was told yesterday that, and I quote,

ROG:
Pass C and mods 2 + 4 of the initial cpc gives 5 years dcpc lets say in nov 2019 so expires in nov 2024
Then in dec 2019 do all 35 hours of periodic cpc which means in nov 2024 a new dqc valid until nov 2029 will be issued automatically

And

MegaHips:
No, you only have to do the 4 modules and that will cover your cpc for 5 years.

So if passing your theory test, hazard perception, case studies and practical demonstration awards you a CPC certificate which is valid for 5 years, why is everyone rushing to do another 35 hours of CPC right away? Makes no sense to me unless I’m missing something crucial…

I Passed my cat C last Friday. I could choose whether I did the cpc via 35 hrs in a classroom, or complete the other module tests via test centre and training centre (because I had grandad rights on my licence) .

If I booked on via the test centre/modules route I would have been waiting till New Year. Instead, I got a classroom place due to a cancellation and did my 35 hours classroom cpc this week. Now I’m ready to get a job (as soon as my card arrives) and have spent a week chatting with some very experienced drivers who’ve taught me tonnes about what to expect in the real world and there was no pass or fail. That’s why I did the 35hrs :slight_smile:

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

taggy24:

Congratulations! :slight_smile:

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I think the o/p was asking if he/she should do their mod 2 and 4 before or after their class 1 test

I think some on here have got confused between the initial and the periodic dcpc

The OP was talking about the initial 2 tests

They passed C and now need the 2 initial tests as well as wanting to pass CE so were wondering which way around to do them - 2 dcpc tests or CE

Sorry guys just to add another bit of info I have sat and passed the cpc case study test with the dvla but the driving school I was with had worded it to me I would have to book with them for a day’s course for my cpc before I could drive and wanted £170 quid so close to Christmas and still in full time employment with no holidays left I decided not to book it but is it true all tests I have sat and passed would last five years as the training company kept my cpc case study pass letter and said they would have to have it till a booked my cpc course it now sounds a bit odd

taggy24:
Sorry guys just to add another bit of info I have sat and passed the cpc case study test with the dvla but the driving school I was with had worded it to me I would have to book with them for a day’s course for my cpc before I could drive and wanted £170 quid so close to Christmas and still in full time employment with no holidays left I decided not to book it but is it true all tests I have sat and passed would last five years as the training company kept my cpc case study pass letter and said they would have to have it till a booked my cpc course it now sounds a bit odd

If im reading this right: You have done your class 2 and the module 2 theory test for cpc and have module 4 to do.
Module 1 : theory test & hazard perception (done)
Module 2 : CPC case studies test (done)
Module 3 : Your Class 2 driving test (done)
Module 4 : Practical CPC demonstration (to do) The £170 1 day training with test at the end.

Your training company will have taken your module 2 pass certificate because they need to quote the number on it when they book your module 4 test, it’s not strange for them to keep it the same happened when i did mine. Your module 2 pass is valid for 2 years (i think) so as long as you do the module 4 test within 2 years from the date you passed the mod 2 theory then you’ll be fine.

to be honest if you don’t mind not being able to drive until you have passed your mod 4 then its up to you seems a shame to of forked out all that money so close to Christmas and not complete it though. 170 quid isn’t too bad a price most places seem to want 200+. what ever it is its a lot less than a c+e course.

If I were you I would speak to the company see if they can arrange for you to take it when your not at work. the company im training with I explained I worked 6pm to 2 am so would have to be back for work and would need everything done in the morning or certainly by 2pm to allow for traffic etc. and they have fitted it all in for me.

hope this helps
coop

OK. All sorts of opinions - most of which have some truth and value.

But I’ll tell you the most effective way. Take your Mod 4 BEFORE you do your CE (Class One). Check with your trainer to see if they have CE training approved for driver cpc - some do, some dont. Assuming they do, you will get probably 14 hours of periodic training from your CE training.

So, to be clear, passing the Mod 4 will give you entitlement for 5 years - approx Dec 2024. The 14 hours gained by completing CE training (regardless of the test result) will credit automatically towards the period Dec 2024 - Dec 2029. This will definitely save time and almost certainly save money as well.

But you must check that your trainer is able to offer the cpc. Then make sure that you have arranged it BEFORE the course. It cant legally be backdated so it’s no good going back to the trainer once you’ve completed the course and asking for it to be credited.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing: