How far do you drive to get to your place of work?

Aside from actual job driving, how far do you drive to get to work / your truck to begin with?

Obviously everyone will be different but do you think anything a 45 minute drive each way is reasonable? Would you drive longer? If not what’s the longest distance you be willing to drive to get to work?

Just use a bit of common sense when looking for jobs.

An hour commute to a tramping job is reasonable for me since you only do the drive twice all week, i wouldn’t even entertain the idea of that on days/nights.

All down to what you are prepared to realistically do, some people want to roll out of bed in to work and other people don’t mind a bit of a drive.

MegaHips:
Just use a bit of common sense when looking for jobs.

An hour commute to a tramping job is reasonable for me since you only do the drive twice all week, i wouldn’t even entertain the idea of that on days/nights.

All down to what you are prepared to realistically do, some people want to roll out of bed in to work and other people don’t mind a bit of a drive.

Fair comment.
Also, an hour`s drive on top of a 13hr or 15hr day, is different to the same trip after an 8hr day.
(Yeah, I know, 8hr days in transport!)

Just under 5 miles on dual carriageway.
Was offered that or 1/2 hr to Stafford.

This one saves fuel and time :wink:

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

18miles half hour in on a Sunday
18 miles 3/4 hour home Thursday eve

Depends if it is temporary as agency and what type of work, if there’s a lot of physical loading/unloading or if you’re sitting in the cab while someone else loads/unloads you

Depends on the shift length too

I’ve done up to 1.5 hour commute each way on agency temp work for 10+ hour shifts driving around South West London and that wasn’t great. I know I couldn’t stomach that long term.

I prefer a commute time under 45 minutes ideally if I’m doing 11-13 hour shifts, based on minimal loading/unloading, so cages off via a dock leveller for example isn’t too bad

I tramp.Mon to Fri/Sat.100miles each way.Roughly 2hrs.But obviousley only twice a week.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I travel 25 miles each way and about a 30 minute drive in the morning (between 1.30am - 4am) and about 35 minutes home (between 2-4pm) this is doing 4 on 4 off[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk