Wannabe lady driver here... (YouTube channel)

Hi all

I posted a few months ago on this forum asking for advice as a complete newbie -“Wannabe lady driver here - help?”. Those of you that remember me know I am a secondary science teacher in need of a career change!

Anyway, with the moderator’s approval, I am sharing the link to my YouTube channel (Thanks Rog). I have documented step-by-step each thing needed to become a HGV driver (as of yet) including:

• the medical and applying for the provisional category (I show you the forms)
  • the theory test / hazard perception (my own revision notes & my result)
  • my thoughts after my driving training (what I’ve noticed about driving a lorry)
  • my thoughts on the CPC module 2 case studies test (& my result)
  • what happened on the HGV test day (& my result)

I will continue to add to my channel as time goes on to help anyone else who is training or thinking of a career change. Please note!! I am in no way an expert, these are just my own personal experiences. As a beginner I’d have found something like this useful.

If you would like to have a look or follow my journey, the link to my channel is here:

Thank you

Hayley

That is perfect, just the sort of thing i (an absolute beginner yet to take the medical) was looking for. Thank you for sharing.

A link to this thread has been added to the LGV TRAINING TIPS :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: - see link in my signature below

Darkskythe:
That is perfect, just the sort of thing i (an absolute beginner yet to take the medical) was looking for. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks Darkskythe, I’m glad my videos might be helpful for you! Good luck with your journey to HGV. Make sure you let us know how it goes :slight_smile:

Hayley

ROG:
A link to this thread has been added to the LGV TRAINING TIPS :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: - see link in my signature below

Hi Rog

Thank you for that, I really appreciate it! :slight_smile:

Hayley

Hayley293:
Hi all

I posted a few months ago on this forum asking for advice as a complete newbie -“Wannabe lady driver here - help?”. Those of you that remember me know I am a secondary science teacher in need of a career change!

Anyway, with the moderator’s approval, I am sharing the link to my YouTube channel (Thanks Rog). I have documented step-by-step each thing needed to become a HGV driver (as of yet) including:

• the medical and applying for the provisional category (I show you the forms)
  • the theory test / hazard perception (my own revision notes & my result)
  • my thoughts after my driving training (what I’ve noticed about driving a lorry)
  • my thoughts on the CPC module 2 case studies test (& my result)
  • what happened on the HGV test day (& my result)

I will continue to add to my channel as time goes on to help anyone else who is training or thinking of a career change. Please note!! I am in no way an expert, these are just my own personal experiences. As a beginner I’d have found something like this useful.

If you would like to have a look or follow my journey, the link to my channel is here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx92x6NGWsCnook_pOiJZKA

Thank you

Hayley

Hi Hayley,

Thanks for taking the trouble to document and post all that very useful info. :smiley:

Quits job as a teacher to become a truck driver… I really really really really hope you don’t regret it.

At least you can do postgrad medicine once you work out it’s rubbish.