Practical CPC.....failed :/

So…yeah I failed the Practical CPC and I’m furious at myself!!!

Got 80% for final mark but didn’t get the required 15% across all five sections!! ( 3 x 20% and 2 x 10% )

I know what I failed on…i didn’t open the bonnet when I was doing the daily checks or safety checks (DUH!!!)

Then I failed on the Asylum seekers and Drugs section where …I didn’t open the bonnet again to have a look inside (again DUH!!!)

I feel a flippin fool!! All the walls in the house have a dent in where I’ve banged my head against it for being so friggen stupid!!

Looking at about 5-6 weeks for a retest, but I’m uming and aring bout maybe trying to find a local company and get it done whilst the headache is still fresh! Will not give up though!! I will drive a truck some day!!!

TL:DR …I am an idiot who didn’t check underneath the bonnet of the god dam van!!!

Did you work off a check sheet?

ROG:
Did you work off a check sheet?

I had a check sheet…forgot to whip it out. :blush: :imp:

Unlucky mate… You will get it next time

I feel your pain.

The whole scoring system is more complicated and stupid than the eurovision song contest!!!

I failed my CPC practical when I did it a couple of years ago, I got 90%, 4 lots of 20% and I failed becuase I only got 10% on the other when I needed 15%. Obviously not the examiners fault as he was just marking it down as per their guidelines but I questioned the logic and structure of a test that you need to get 80% to pass but can fail on 90% It just reinforces the point even more that its just a pure money making exercise, one that cost me an extra £200 and something pounds and a days extra holiday off work wasted on the retest day. Also didnt teach me anything, like everyone else I learnt that when I actually got a job and went out on the road.

tmcassett:
I feel your pain.

The whole scoring system is more complicated and stupid than the eurovision song contest!!!

I failed my CPC practical when I did it a couple of years ago, I got 90%, 4 lots of 20% and I failed becuase I only got 10% on the other when I needed 15%. Obviously not the examiners fault as he was just marking it down as per their guidelines but I questioned the logic and structure of a test that you need to get 80% to pass but can fail on 90% It just reinforces the point even more that its just a pure money making exercise, one that cost me an extra £200 and something pounds and a days extra holiday off work wasted on the retest day. Also didnt teach me anything, like everyone else I learnt that when I actually got a job and went out on the road.

Exactly! Its my fault I failed as I can only take the test for me…but I was thinking why am I having to do this!? is the theory and practical good enough?

Also…correct me if I’m wrong…5 x 15 is 75% so…you still fail even though you get the required minimum 15% on each section.

Ho-Hum, just have to do it again.

bigtanker198:
Unlucky mate… You will get it next time

Thanks mate.

Did you read that flair training pdf? I used it helped me loads I got 100%

bigtanker198:
Did you read that flair training pdf? I used it helped me loads I got 100%

Haven’t heard of it…how do I get hold of it, please.

Edit: Think i’ve found it…good old google

flairtraining.co.uk/PDF/cpcp … stions.pdf

Just use that link mate

somax-driver-training.com/si … stions.pdf

I’m reading off this one.

Thank you though.

sinclair89:

tmcassett:
I feel your pain.

Also…correct me if I’m wrong…5 x 15 is 75% so…you still fail even though you get the required minimum 15% on each section.

If I remember correctly theres one section you need 20% and other four its 15%. Cant remeber which one was the 20% though. Good luck for next time though as I’m sure you’ll pass mate.

No worries let us no how you get on. Good look. There a vid on you tube too

tmcassett:

sinclair89:

tmcassett:
I feel your pain.

If I remember correctly theres one section you need 20% and other four its 15%. Cant remeber which one was the 20% though. Good luck for next time though as I’m sure you’ll pass mate.

ah right oh, Thanks

I got 95% mate and passed only because I didn’t lift the bonnet up on the immigrant and packages question I did say tho that i would check under and around it but he didn’t physically lift it up lol but never mind sure you’ll get there :slight_smile:

Question. Do i have to pass my mod 4 at the same test Centre as where i passed my class 2.

No.
Pete :laughing: :laughing:

New test date arranged!!!

Next Wednesday! Printed off the LGV Mod 4 question sheet and im gonna learn it back to front, left to right.

Decided not to pay the extra £100 for an hours training, just gonna watch youtube videos to keep me brain fresh on how how to use the different loading tools, i.e chain, ratchet strap.

Wish me good luck!!

i failed mine first time last month because of ratchet strap…i passed on 4th feb and tbh 2nd was easy…nice sunny day so didnt ask to show strapping or anything and basically gave me as much time as i needed (suddenly forget everything in test conditions) ticked off 100% and said good luck with work when you get it, my advice is read…re-read…then read even more of those questions so you know them back to front

bigbedda:
i failed mine first time last month because of ratchet strap…i passed on 4th feb and tbh 2nd was easy…nice sunny day so didnt ask to show strapping or anything and basically gave me as much time as i needed (suddenly forget everything in test conditions) ticked off 100% and said good luck with work when you get it, my advice is read…re-read…then read even more of those questions so you know them back to front

Intend to, i’ve printed two copies off…one for in work to read any spare chance I get

The 2nd for the wife so she can quiz me every night.