Best agencies for a new past West Midlands

SteveB777:
I’m a new pass Class 2 looking for work in the West Midlands (Birmingham) and finding things difficult.

When I was a new pass, I visited my local agency.

The agency was really busy with loads of unskilled people looking to register for work.

However, I waved my newly minted HGV licence and the ■■■■■■■ the front desk quickly got on the phone to the boss upstairs.

He’s got a licence, he’s got a licence, she explained to the boss…

I was immediately ushered upstairs to see the boss of the agency, All the unskilled people sitting around looked on in amazement as I queue jumped them.

The boss treated me like a VIP and offered me immediate work. Can you start tomorrow he said? Yes, I said. However, I don’t do handball so I will need a driver’s mate to do all the hard work. Yes he said…you will get a driver’s mate…and I did! No hard work for me! So the next day, away we went. I did the driving and he did the hard work. To top it off, it was a nice short 8 hour day.

This all took place during the summer holidays when a lot of the drivers are on holiday. Come September, I wouldn’t have got a driver’s mate as everything goes back to the normal oversupply of drivers…just like it is most of the year.