Going for my class1

I passed my class 2 in 2015 I got limited experience on the road before taking another job. I have always wanted to get my class 1.
My current job I do drive a Terberg with trailer so have plenty of experience driving that around a busy yard and plenty of reversing.
A few questions I have are
Will my experience driving the Terberg go in my favour for my class one course on the road ?
If I pass my class one would that experience go in my favour with employers as I know I’ll be a new pass on class one?
Also would the fact I’ve held my class 2 since 2015 help with insurance etc help me with the 6months/ 2 years many require to get jobs?
I’m in my mid30s clean license in the midlands

TruckerMike33:
A few questions I have are

1. Will my experience driving the Terberg go in my favour for my class one course on the road ?
  2. If I pass my class one would that experience go in my favour with employers as I know I’ll be a new pass on class one?
  3. Also would the fact I’ve held my class 2 since 2015 help with insurance etc help me with the 6months/ 2 years many require to get jobs?
  1. No. On the road is where all the idiots are, shunting in the yard is a fairly safe environment where people are trained to operate

2. & 3) are pretty much the same question it seems to me: In my personal experience, No. But again, a lot will depend on the individual employer and insurer so there’s no hard and fast rules about that.

(edited)

Shunting around a yard will help somewhat with driving a C+E, as you already know how to reverse and how they turn and the size of them. That’s coming from an ex shunter myself before I did my C+E. But as said on the road is an entirely different story in terms of dealing with obstacles you would not come across in a yard and all the other Buffoon’s on the road.

Having held your C licence for a decent amount of time may help in getting a job for the companies that require at least 12 months licence held. Some do want to see a recent amount of driving history on your card though, so without that driving history then again you may struggle.

Some companies may see being a shutter as a reasonable amount of experience but again some may not take it into account at all as it is all yard based.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk