Covid while training @ Peter Smythe Transport Training

You could have contacted them directly to see what could be worked out; that would have been the mature, reasonable approach. Instead you chose to publicise your dissatisfaction, not only on this channel, but seemingly across the wider social media. From what I can see you’re just wanting some kind of digital ‘pound of flesh’.

I questioned it via email and was told its standard test fee I’m not going to beg anyone to take my money, apologies for sharing my experience but as you can see above it was confirmed by them i called in reported Covid and they wanted to charge me standard test fees that’s all my post is about ?

Their T’s and C’s allowed them to cancel all your training and give you nothing in return, but it seems they were gracious enough not to do that

“In this instance we allowed you to continue with your training at no extra charge.”

How much more do you expect of a company?

The T’s and C’s they quoted are cancelling your course within 10 days before you start, if you want to go into T’s and C’s here’s the ones for becoming ill while training

21. Should a candidate become ill whilst on their course, any tuition not received will be given at a later date subject to us being able to find a replacement candidate to take up the lost time. Any test fee lost must be reclaimed from the DVSA and is subject to their terms and conditions. A doctor’s certificate covering the day’s lost, including the test day must be provided. No refund of training fees can be made.

So they have given me my tuition at a later date I’ve never said I had an issue with that, I’m in the process of claiming my DVSA test fee back from the DVSA , but there’s no mention of repaying any sort of fees what so ever like I said I offered to pay the DVSA fee again. I’ve never asked for a refund of any sorts so it seems I’ve followed the terms and conditions. My expectations were to repay for my accommodation which I did and repay my DVSA test fee nothing more nothing less.

And they are absolutely correct that they would have lost that test slot, because DVSA are very strict on this - this is why test slots are like gold dust, ask any HGV driving school

Yeah they 100% would of done so I offered to pay again.