Getting there slowly

Had my hazard perception test on Tuesday and passed that with minimal studying
I’ve now booked my theory test for a couple of weeks time

Today I’ve been to look at a driving school and there latest pass rate for 21/22 is 84% pass rate
they do have there own test area and a examiner who comes in every week and after speaking with the owner he has suggested that as I have experience in shunting and reversing and driving a 18t volvo fl6 with 26ft caravan on the back around London ect I book the 3a once I pass the theory test

84% first time passes :question: :question:
or 84% eventually passed but 16% never passed and that could be within say 150 tests taken

remember (dependant on what you’re gonna drive), you may need you CPC mod 2 and 4 also.

3a is also, only the reversing (and, if your doing it) the uncouple re-couple

3b is the practical test

You can’t trust anyone’s self-reported statistics, you’ve no way of knowing if they’re truthful, or as ROG has indicated, what way they’re slicing and dicing the stats.

Go and meet the people at the school, get a feel for their attitude, what does your gut tell you? Experience has taught me to always follow a gut instinct over anything else.

The stats are published for each location of testing. I believe some schools may test both at their site and a DVSA site though, so the entire picture may not be there.

Noremac:
The stats are published for each location of testing. I believe some schools may test both at their site and a DVSA site though, so the entire picture may not be there.

Those stats do not state whether the tests were first time or say fourth time passes