WTD, EU drivers rules and working two jobs

Peg:
So i’d have to treat the 48 hours in the primary job as ‘consumed’, that means I couldn’t work driving at all because i’d exceed the 90 hour two week limit as 48+48 = 96. I’ve thought about it being possible to work the spare 8 hours one week to make that weeks max of 56hours, skip the next week entirely and as i’m not driving in that week, EU rules don’t apply to the second week’s 48 hours primary job so they wouldn’t bust the 56+48 = 104hours but having another careful read of the rules I don’t think that’s legal. It certainly sounds like it would be taking the ■■■■ anyway.

You’re confusing working time (WTD/RTD) and driving time (EU hours)
90 hours per fortnight is EU DH, 48 average per week is WTD/RTD

Second problem, WTD:
48 hours max averaged over 17 weeks.

FYI Can also be 26 week reference period in some companies

So the primary job uses all 48 hours and apperently. Now, as I understand it the WTD has to be shared between the two jobs. I can’t opt out of the HGV side as it’s not allowed, so i’m not sure if that means I can’t opt out of the other job either?
As holidays count towards this I can’t take a week’s holiday (or similar, you get the idea) every four months to reduce the average.

48 hour average over reference period, 60 hours max work in a week

As an additional, there’s also some voluntary work i’ll be involved in for yet another role for a couple of hours a week. I understand this will actually count towards my duty hours on EU driving rules so i’ll have to keep tabs on that.

Yes that needs to be taken into account - if it’s work, it can’t be rest

Is this all correct? Is there any modifications to get around it etc? Ideally i’d just like to keep current but it is starting to sound a bit too complicated.

It’ll be a lot less complicated once you get your head around this excellent video
youtube.com/watch?v=H3_U_eoo9o8