first agency job

stu675:
Stuart, the agency is paying you, they are your client, so do what they say for now and I’m sure you’ll learn what works for you. Whether you want to take a break on a bay and have access to your cab to change it after 45 mins and get home earlier or not.

That’s what I did, as you say they are the ones paying me.

Well all went ok I think. Was given the keys, paperwork and trailer to couple up. Two local RDC drops and then back to change trailer and off to Three more RDC’s.
Although it felt I was getting thrown in the deep end to begin with it was rather straight forward. It was strange seeing how different RDC’s work. Most allowed me to sit in my truck whilst getting tipped and the last one I had to self tip using a electric pallet lift.

The only Problem I had (apart from a blind side reverse onto one bay :open_mouth: ) was when I was finished and headed back into the yard, there was no one in the transport office (they were all away home) to sign my timesheet, download my tacho card or even hand the keys and paperwork too. The only person there was the security/gate man and he wasn’t sure what to do. So I gave him the keys, paperwork and he signed my timesheet.