Help I can't get a job

Marky-p:

DarrenFraser:
I’ll keep it quick and simple I passed my C&E 2 weeks ago, after driving buses for 20 plus years I need a career change.
I live in Glasgow and I’m willing to drive to surrounding areas but every application I’ve sent out gets knocked back, how the hell do you get that first job does anyone know of any agencies I can give a call or even any companies willing to start newbies.
Cheers

Marky-p:
2 weeks is nothing. I passed in May and still looking…

Papaya:
Same, passed in May, 99% of companies want 6 months to 2 years experience. I’ve just applied for DHL for a second time at the same depot. I had a small reversing assessment and they said I’d need a few days training before a final assessment. Heard nothing back. Now they advertise the job again a month later :neutral_face:

I should clarify…I have actually been given 3 job offers, one of which I accepted but the job didn’t work out in the end. The other 2 jobs were just too far to commute. Another job has asked me to do their assessment again as I was very close to passing their reversing standards so I may be doing that next week.

I do have a couple of other options coming up soon via agencies…so it’s not like I’ve had no luck at all.

I will just keep plugging away until I get there as its not in my nature to give up anyway.

You’ll get there eventually, hang in there.

Sent from my SM-A135F using Tapatalk

A reversing exercise puts the fear of god into me I know I’d struggle with this assessment I spent about 30 minutes reversing before being handed my certificate.