Disheartening to be honest

Sattalk:
Well decided to change jobs back to driving already had a class 2 and the last time I used it was over 13 years ago.

After I finished my last job I did my class 1 and ADR and so far no luck in a class 1 job.

I’ve registered with loads of agencies and nothing forthcoming, disappointed.

So a FB friend posted up a company was looking for a Class 2 driver to drive a road sweeper needed asap so hopefully I start Monday.

Im thinking that my class 1 is going to waste, down the bog and the more I don’t drive all that training lost.

Im my mind I might as well kept my money and went straight into Class 2 work.

Disappointed ain’t the word I can use and also every job I’ve applied for all say no experience so how can one get experienced without a job, crazy and all the talk about lack of HGV drivers I think is crap.

Regards all.

Believe me, you will be disheartened after driving a road sweeper for a couple of weeks its boring as anything, i did it for 4 weeks, but on the bright side you will be working whilst you look out for another job. I had been away from driving for a similar amount of time as you and no one would touch me apart from the road sweeper job, i managed to get a class 2 job after a month there, then i paid for my class one after 2 years and started class 1 with same company when one of the drivers left, and then i left for a better job when i had some class 1 experience behind me.
You have been away that long most companies treat you like a new pass, you just have to work your way up, the openings will come.