Car to Artic - the first?

Peg:
Jees, it took six months of waiting, a letter to my MP and a phonecall from the the DVLA complaints department to get my C provisional off the DVLA. I originally applied in March 2021. Then another month because the school was booked up, it would have been longer but I got a cancelation spot.

Glad I went to C first though, it was two and a half days training with only one full day and then the test on the third day. I felt as though it was big enough jump and would have liked a full third day training. In hindsight I couldn’t imagine going straight from B to C+E, which is what I also thought about doing when they announced it. Although, if you’ve had 8 days training that sounds like it is enough and obviously was.

Don’t know how you did it so fast.

If it was paid by the gov’t, I heard about that too around the time they were announcing the changes. You’re the first person I know that’s taken it, are you bound to anything, is there any contractual obligation?

Congratulations indeed. December should be a good time to get work. Maybe I will see you out on the road! :smiley:

Hi Peg
Congrats to you on passing C - it can be a bit of a lottery getting provisional back from DVLA. Mine took 7 weeks, which isn’t the best, but not the worst, either!

I certainly understand wanting to do C first - there are a lot of pros to going that route, but I knew I wanted C+E, so I decided to go for it, and was very lucky with my training provider :smiley: (It was less than 8 days, though :wink: )

I didn’t get the “new” government announced funding, and I’m not even sure whether anyone has managed to get it yet? I looked into it, but I didn’t qualify, and even if I had, I’m not sure whether I would still be waiting for approval… :confused:

Would be good to see you out there!