Staged training or direct to ce - discussion

ROG:
Are trainees today less capable than we were before the EU introduced the changes :question:
If no then, apart from higher general traffic levels, what is the problem in going back to what we did prior to those changes :question:

This!

In any industry, there are some “veterans” that probably struggle every day after 30 years to do their job, and get upset at “new guys” jumping in doing what they struggle to do, and they get annoyed/upset/whatever at themselves, and complain.

In the 1970s airliners had 4 crew. By the 1980s, that was reduced to 3 crew. Today? 2 crew and they are already certifying the A350 for single pilot operations.

My personal view is it is entirely dependent upon the mentality of the person and their willingness to learn and ability to analyze problems.

The first day I flew a glider with 50 ft wingspan was the same flight I landed it. Sure, an instructor was sat behind me, but it was me at the controls flying it.

Things are only hard if you believe they are hard. What you mustn’t be is arrogant and “know it all”. I do a lot of study and analysis before I do something.

What is the difference between a rigid with drawbar trailer and an artic? Where it bends and how long the trailer is. The rest is the same.

Who taught the Wright Brothers to fly?

(Yes, my posts are aviation-heavy…guess my current industry LOL).