Theory Test Booking - is it just me!?

Hello all,

Finally got my provisional through, and went straight online to look at Theory availability. What an absolute disaster of a website the DVLA have created - or is it just me having trouble?!

Constantly times me out, no way of selecting Theory, Hazard Perception and CPC together, slow to load, makes you click through each date for each individual test centre to see if there is availability. I’ve been trying for hours and am close to giving up!

Any advice/suggestions on what I can do? Or would anyone else like space to rant…be my guest!

Cheers,

I converted from being a 7.5 tonne driver a while back (didn’t need case studies in my case). Anyway, I just went on the website and looked for the quickest possible way of sitting the tests. Turns out that involved travelling to two different test centres, essentially taking slots that may not have been together, but got me finished as quick as possible. Yeah, folks may do all three at once, but they may have booked well in advance to do that and found slots together at the same centre. You can’t book together because they are standalone, paid separately and you can fail one and pass another.

If you are choose my route of the quickest way, there is the obvious caveat that you need to be prepared enough to have a reasonable chance of passing at that point.

ScottishDriver89:
Hello all,

Finally got my provisional through, and went straight online to look at Theory availability. What an absolute disaster of a website the DVLA have created - or is it just me having trouble?!

Constantly times me out, no way of selecting Theory, Hazard Perception and CPC together, slow to load, makes you click through each date for each individual test centre to see if there is availability. I’ve been trying for hours and am close to giving up!

Any advice/suggestions on what I can do? Or would anyone else like space to rant…be my guest!

Cheers,

I did all my tests in the last 3 weeks. I couldn’t figure out how to do all 3 so I had to do them individually. I am from Northampton and couldn’t find any available slots close by so had to do 2 tests in Leicester and one in Corby. The test centres are all fully booked. I was able to book my tests by looking for cancellations after 11pm. I work late shifts so I am usually up till very late.
I couldn’t find any available slots in the daytime. All my tests were booked after 11pm

Ive just come back from passing my theory and hazard perception.

My training school/provider booked them for me. Got dates roughly 7 days later.

Theroy was booked at 9am
Hazard at 11am.
Mod 2 on Monday.

Travelled from Rochdale to Stockport. ( No fun in rush hour traffic). Took 90mins to get there.

However because I finished my theroy with time left, I was allowed to start my hazard perception straight after it. So was out of the building by 10am.

Noremac:
I converted from being a 7.5 tonne driver a while back (didn’t need case studies in my case). Anyway, I just went on the website and looked for the quickest possible way of sitting the tests. Turns out that involved travelling to two different test centres, essentially taking slots that may not have been together, but got me finished as quick as possible. Yeah, folks may do all three at once, but they may have booked well in advance to do that and found slots together at the same centre. You can’t book together because they are standalone, paid separately and you can fail one and pass another.

If you are choose my route of the quickest way, there is the obvious caveat that you need to be prepared enough to have a reasonable chance of passing at that point.

Cheers Noremac - really helpful!

yazbrom:

ScottishDriver89:
Hello all,

Cheers,

I did all my tests in the last 3 weeks. I couldn’t figure out how to do all 3 so I had to do them individually. I am from Northampton and couldn’t find any available slots close by so had to do 2 tests in Leicester and one in Corby. The test centres are all fully booked. I was able to book my tests by looking for cancellations after 11pm. I work late shifts so I am usually up till very late.
I couldn’t find any available slots in the daytime. All my tests were booked after 11pm

Thanks yazbrom - I’ll give the late night booking tip a try and see where I get to!

Muddy K:
Ive just come back from passing my theory and hazard perception.

My training school/provider booked them for me. Got dates roughly 7 days later.

Theroy was booked at 9am
Hazard at 11am.
Mod 2 on Monday.

Travelled from Rochdale to Stockport. ( No fun in rush hour traffic). Took 90mins to get there.

However because I finished my theroy with time left, I was allowed to start my hazard perception straight after it. So was out of the building by 10am.

Cheers Muddy K - I’ll get in touch with some providers and see if they can do this for me. Well done on the passes!

Just tried to book. FFS! no tests available in a 20 mile radius from Surrey looking at all dates to end of March, when they stop offering bookings.

All resolved this morning. Not booked yet, but there seems to be loads of slots available. It’s not an easy system to use and having to search every single day individually :unamused:

Booked all mine same day and in concession of each other at my closest centre :smiley: Time to get practicing heavily!

stu675:
All resolved this morning. Not booked yet, but there seems to be loads of slots available. It’s not an easy system to use and having to search every single day individually :unamused:

I know i’m in no real rush but you had me worried for a minute as I’ll be looking for surrey slots too, good to see they are available.

I booked them all for the same time and same date like a right idiot.

Time to try and change them this should be fun.

Spudms:
I booked them all for the same time and same date like a right idiot.

Time to try and change them this should be fun.

If at the same place then I would leave it alone because they will simply do them one after another