Medical cannabis and HGV license

dekka:
Unfortunately (but for good reason) some medical conditions, or use of medicines mean that some people can’t drive LGV or PCVs, that’s the angle i would look at it from rather than stopping a treatment that is beneficial, obviously you choose according to your circumstances.

around 4 years ago i spent 6 months on statutory sick pay while DVLA took their time deciding whether I could keep my licence after an incidental discovery of a medical condition. I also have a good friend on UC so I know life on benefits isn’t great.

Have a good look at what the limits are for other perfectly legal drugs you might use, although I don’t see how you would know without actually having a blood test (might be worth picking a suitable time and paying for one to be done).

Many years ago before I had kids (now in their 20s) I was a regular recreational user of cannabis so I don’t really have a negative opinion of the plant, other than to say it’s obviously dangerous to drive under the influence.

all the best

Thanks again.

I have submitted a FOI request to hopefully get a definitive answer to this question.

whatdotheyknow.com/request/ … nd_driving