where to start

carlston49:
Brakes is an awful job, especially inside the M25. Parking problems around London is very stressful, especially if there isn’t an easily accessible off street delivery area. For Brakes to expect you to work 6 days/week every 4 weeks is really taking the mickey. They should be offering a 4 day week to give you a good work/life balance.

The reason that Brakes is so nice to you on the phone and by email, is because most drivers with even 3 to 6 months experience will steer well clear of Brakes.

£35k isn’t much for a hard working and stressful London job. You might take home £100/day after tax.

There are guys at my place (just outside the M25) earning £55k on nights doing shunting around the yard. Ok, not everyone can get the cream jobs, but it does put things in perspective. £55k doing an easy job vs £35k doing a hard job.

Before I went Class 1, I did 6 weeks driving a red London bus. That was probably as bad as the Brakes job.

I suggest you do 6 weeks on a dustcart (which is an easy job), and then go Class 1.

Take a look on indeed for Class 2 jobs in your area. There’s a huge shortage of drivers in London since April, so there’s many more clients who are now willing to give new passes a chance.

Hi thanks for sharing your experience , noted and really appreciate your help .