Resignation - wages due?

Been here before,

I was on agency and was told I had to accept a full-time offer or leave, I opted for the offer - I had a probationary period of 4 weeks, my manager changed to someone I didn’t get on with, so I gave notice and left within the week. They were supposed to pay me, but thought [zb]ing me about was funnier. Long story short, gave them an ultimatum to pay me what was owed by midday Friday or face small claims, I got told they posted a cheque! Went to Court filled in the form and paid the £90. 6 months later with constant attempts by them to settle, I won my case totally, plus 7% per day on the amount owed walked away with over 7k tax-free and they got a CCJ!

The offence is “Failure to make a guaranteed payment” under the Employees Rights Act - No employer can withhold payment to you, if they are claiming you owe them money then they can bill you with the evidence and let the lawyers sort it. Making allegations to support their actions is not uncommon and the Judge is more likely to side with you if you can prove or get a colleague to give you a statement rebutting their claims i.e. they lied.

All companies hate a CCJ - they will even approach you before the hearing and offer you a cheque - don’t take it, if you can support your claim - you will likely walk away with more, they will have to pay to remove the CCJ and it will affect their ability to trade, oh and publicize the fact you are taking them to court as nonpayers - see their trade drop to nothing as customer walk away.